If you’ve been using Arial Narrow, Arial Black or similar fonts and they are not recognized in Firefox web browser while styling UL LI listings; here are a few ways to fix it:
- If you are not a web developer:
Tools > Options > Advanced > General Tab
Uncheck “Use hardware acceleration when available”
If you see a color difference in Internet Explorer (when compared to other browsers, such as: Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, etc.), then here your reason:
In case those are PNG images, Adobe Photoshop stores gamma data inside them which is causing image colors to differ in IE7.
How to solve it?
Here is a quick and painless to turn on Google Instant in your Chrome web browser.
Click on the Preferences (wrench) icon.
Go to Options > Basics
In the “Search” section, check “Enable Instant for faster searching and browsing” checkbox and hit “Close”.
After Optimized Firefox for Windows post, here is something for Linux users to play with.
According to the website, Swiftfox is an optimized Firefox version for Linux that it is using the “most cutting edge” Firefox source code and is available for both, AMD and Intel processors.
Unlike “The Pale Moon Project”, it has little to none information about the exact optimizations and/or performance improvements.
However, if you are still interested in, give it a try.
There are times when using mouse is not an option and for such cases, Mouseless Browsing is a perfect add-on to install.
It’s compatible with Firefox 3.0 as well as the upcoming (Firefox 4.0) builds.
* Supports numeric as well as character ids; character set configurable
* Option to show ids before entire page is loaded
* Configurable modifiers to open link in new tab/window/Cooliris Previews
* Configuration option to use numpad exclusively for Mouseless Browsing
* Configuration options to define for which elements ids should be shown (form element, links, pure image links, frames, other clickable elements)
* Smart positioning of ids: Ids for image links, textfields, selectboxes are placed in the right upper corner to minimize the impact on the page layout.
* Possibility to configure URL specific behavior (black/whitelist)
* Configurable shortcuts for all Mouseless Browsing actions
• Microsoft to Reveal Internet Explorer Mobile Plans
During the CES, one of the audience members has asked Microsoft’s Dean…
Here is a quick and painless way to find out, who deleted you from the friends list, ignored your friend request, etc. You may also remove your friend sending request. The best part: no seamless Facebook app installation is required.
Awesome extension is awesome.
In case you’ve been downloading files from sites like Megaupload.com, Hotfile.com, Depositfiles.com, 4Shared.com, Mediafire.com, Rapidshare.com, etc., here is a fun little extension for you, Firefox and Opera users.
What does it do? It will either, start downloading file automatically or skip the wait time.
Few days ago, Opera Software has released the pre-release version of OperaWatir, a toolkit to automate web browser interactions. That means you can now simulate mouse clicks, text entries, form submission and more.
According to official web page, it already has around 1,200 automated rendered tests for you to run.