If you are concerned about your privacy after reading Mozilla’s statements, here is a simple tip to disable all telemetry data collecting. Go to:
Settings > Advanced
Click on the “Data Choices” tab
Uncheck the “Enable Telemetry” box
That’s it, as simple as that.
Recently, Mozilla has published a list of the top 12 Firefox extensions of 2012. Unlike the majority of such recommendations, the following post actually includes a couple of new and less known extensions. Mostly because it’s one add-on per month rather than the top 12 extensions by downloads. So, grab that mouse of yours and start clicking.
Here is a list of the more useful ones:
Good news for consumers and bad for Android developers.
If you’ve been annoyed by a boatload of ads on your applications and a possible battery drain, then your life is about to get easier. Thanks to the recently released Adblock Plus application for Android, it will block both web site and in-app ads.
The best part? Adblock Plus is free and requires no rooting.
Fix what’s broken.
Just yesterday, I have encountered a strange issue with the release preview version of the Internet Explorer 10. For some strange reason, it won’t copy or paste data from or to the web site.
Thankfully, I have found a cause and a simple way to fix that.
Good news, we have just released a new version of FavBackup for you to play with. No major changes, just additional web browser versions support.
- Added Google Chrome 16 Support
- Added Firefox 7 and Firefox 8 Support
- Added Opera 11.60 Support
This is a guest post by Mark Subel.
It’s that time of year where the ghosts and goblins come out and we get ready for Halloween night. Kids are making last minute changes to their costume and parents haven’t yet figured out what they’re wearing to the Halloween party. Whatever the case, you won’t run out of options for dressing up your browser this Halloween season. Firefox, IE and Chrome users have a wealth of options for decorating their browsers this year with several amazing Halloween themes available online. Here are our favorite Halloween themes for your browser:
With the release of Opera 12, users can now enjoy search suggestions. However, if you are one of those people (myself included) who are not particularly happy about this change, here is a simple solution to disable already mentioned functionality:
- Type opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowSearchesInAddressfieldAutocompletion in the address bar.
- Uncheck the “Show Searches In Addressfield Autocompletion” checkbox.
- Reward yourself with a cookie, job well done.
- Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 Passes 30% Share in the US
- CSS3 text-shadow in IE10
- IE9 Mobile Developer Overview
- Double Trojan infects IE, Firefox in one swoop
- Firefox devs mull dumping Java to stop BEAST attacks
- Top 9 Firefox fixes
- Firefox 3.6.23 security update now available
- Google’s Chrome browser: Coming soon to Android?
- Google Chrome Stable and Beta Channel Updates
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera: Amazon’s Silk Browser is Flattering, But Five Years Late
- Opera: A shining new [bookmark] star
- HTML5 Template Generators, Frameworks And Tools
[Thanks, Ichan, RamaSubbu SK, Shane Bundy]
If you don’t feel like reading small font size words in various web pages and can’t really be bothered to zoom in all the time, we have a simple solution: set a default page zoom level. Here is how:
- IE: Site Ready WebSockets
- How to suspend individual tabs in Chrome or Firefox
- Microsoft Windows 8 beats Google Chrome OS
- Google Chrome Surpasses 100,000 Revisions
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera Mobile: Android 11.1 update 2 ready for download
- Get Word Definitions Right in Safari with Tap Dictionary
- Dolphin Web Browser Improves the iPad Experience