Category: Google Chrome
The Register writes:
Microsoft might be closer to a compromise with browser rival regarding Internet Explorer on Windows, but access to key online services for PCs could be the next hurdle.
Opera Software chief executive told The Reg he welcomed Microsoft’s offer last month to give European PC users a choice of browsers on Windows, but he warned of “problems” if rival browsers don’t get equal access to crucial sites that help keep users’ PCs secure and updated.
Back in March, NSS Labs has revealed shocking statistics which suggested that Internet Explorer 8 had best effectiveness results against malware.
As of today, Neowin reports that NSS Labs has yet again tested all web browsers to find out which one has best built-in protection against phishing.
Tested web browsers:
Internet Explorer 8
Opera 10 Beta Continue Reading
- 10 Internet Explorer Add-ons in 60 Seconds or Less
- I Want To Love Firefox 3.5, But It Keeps Crashing On Me
- Mozilla shuts Firefox e-store after security breach
- Google reveals plans for Chrome cloud synchronization
- Google Chrome: One Year Later
- Creative Zii Egg’s Plaszma OS gets Opera browser
- HTML5 Canvas Experiment
Thanks to Nox for links.
With the latest Chrome Beta release, Google has announced some great improvements in both, usability and performance areas.
You can now rearrange web sites on New Tab page using drag and drop action, pin the ones you like or even hide specific site elements.
Omnibox was tweaked as well. Added icons should help users to distinguish between searches, bookmarks, suggested sites or the ones from history. Continue Reading
New month and new market share data. Lets get it going.
Breaking through 60% barrier, Internet Explorer lost more market share, this time by 1.02 point, from 59.49% to 58.47%
Celebrating 1 billion downloads last week; Firefox increased its market share by 1.32, from 30.33% to 31.65%
Due to unknown reasons, Opera took a massive dive and fell by 0.66, from 3.36% to 2.7%
Just like Firefox, Chrome is also doing well. After increasing its market share by 0.41, from 2.82% to 3.23%, it has surpassed both, Opera and Safari web browsers market share.
Safari popularity is growing. This time its market share went up from 2.93% to 2.98% (0.09 point increase).
- Mozilla Community Rubik’s Cube
- Tab thumbnails on the sides and Opera Unite improvements
- Safari plug-ins that improve your browsing
- Chrome Updates, Adds Themes, Better Windows 7 Support
- Mozilla Labs’ Weave 0.5 aligns Firefox planets
- Hackers expose weakness in visiting trusted sites
- Critical Update for Adobe Flash Player
- Net Applications tweaks its market share algorithm
- The HTML 5 Experiments (Video)
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Nox and somebody for links.
Surfing Amazon today I came across something interesting. Believe it or not, there are actually books such as: “Opera for Dummies”, “Don’t Click on the Blue E!: Switching to Firefox” and couple more.
Not sure if they are any good and why people would actually buy them (when you can find all the info on-line), but anyway: Continue Reading