Category: Google Chrome
- Microsoft publishes its latest Security Intelligence Report, Vol. 8
- IE9 Platform Preview 2: more of the same, but a bit faster
- Firefox: How to Duplicate a Tab
- Mozilla to Detail Next Version of Firefox
- Updated Firefox 3.6.4 beta available for download and testing
- Google Buys BumpTop, A 3D User Interface For Chrome OS & Android?
- Opera Joins Flash Debate: “You Can Cook an Egg” While It’s Running
- How to change action for file types in Opera
- Unpatched drive-by download flaw in Apple Safari browser
- “Silent” update of Opera Mini 5
- FastMail.FM FAQ
Thanks to mabdul and RamaSubbu SK for links.
If you are not a big fan of new Google Search sidebar (which was introduced recently), here are few simple scripts for Firefox and Google Chrome users to remove it.
In addition: feel free to try Hide Google options add-on as well.
An interesting video, in which Microsoft employee demonstrates the difference between GPU (Internet Explorer 9) and non-GPU (Firefox, Chrome) powered web browsers.
Recently Google has released a Beta version of Chrome 5 web browser. Now, not only it includes browser preferences synchronization (in addition bookmarks sync), but also offers HTML5 goodies like: Geolocation APIs, App Cache, web sockets, and file drag-and-drop support. Continue Reading
It’s time to find out, how ballot screen affected web browsers growth and/or decline. Lets begin.
After continuous Internet Explorer downtrend, Microsoft web browser has finally felt below 60% market share mark, from 60.65% to 59.95% (0.7 point decrease).
Firefox is slowly trying to reach 25% market share mark, this time its share increased by 0.07 point, from 24.52% to 24.59%. Continue Reading
- Microsoft to fix further vulnerabilities in IE 8 XSS filter
- IE9 Developer Tools: Network Tab
- Firefox Customizable Tab Bar
- Screenshots of new UI concepts for Firefox 4
- refox 3.6.4 beta available for download and testing
- Google closes vulnerabilities in Chrome 4 for Windows
- Wikipedia Companion Adds Wikipedia Browser To Google Chrome
- Chrome OS to support ARM and Tegra?
- Opera shown to be the most secure browser by Symantec
- Make Opera Mini 5 the default Android browser with Opera Bridge
- Another EU browser ballot bug: now it’s not random at all
- Holistic Web Browsing: Trends Of The Future
- Video: Skyfire Alpha on Android
- Microsoft sponsors new Web font standard
- NetSurf 2.5 released
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Ichann, mabdul, Nox and Oliver for links.
Here is a different approach on boosting your productivity. RescueTime is a simple Firefox and Google Chrome add-on, which tracks your actions and gives you an insight, on how much time you actually waste during your “working hours”
Here is a scoop from developer’s web site: Continue Reading
- IE9 Will Change the Web Forever
- IE8 has blocked over 560 million malware sites: how many were legit?
- Firefox.next Alpha 4 is both: performance and looks
- Multi-process Firefox Lorentz beta now available for download
- Mozilla Hackability: Firefox Nintendo Wiimote driver
- Destroy The Web (add-on)
- Optimized Firefox: Pale Moon
- Simplifying Web Browsing? Google Chrome Drops URL Prefix
- Google to Open-source VP8 for HTML5 Video
- Comodo Dragon: A Chromium Browser With Extra Armor
- Opera Mini 5 Settings
- How WebKit Loads a Web Page
- Adobe CEO: Flash coming to Android, WebOS and BlackBerry ‘smartphones and tablets’ in 2H 2010
- Important Java plugin update now available
- Funny fact about browser randomization
- HTML5 audio visualizations
- More Web Inspector Updates
Thanks to Blake Sening, mabdul, Nox and Rohan Gharia for links.
Internet Explorer slowly nears 60% market share mark. This time it went down from 61.58 to 60.65, 0.93 point decrease.
In March, Firefox managed to increase its market share by 0.29 point, moving up from 24.23% to 24.52%.
Google Chrome continues to grow steadily; 0.52 point increase this time, up from 5.61% to 6.13%. Continue Reading