Category: Google Chrome
It’s a new month and few market share data. Let’s get it going.
Just like any other month, Internet Explorer market share keeps going down, this time it fell from 64.64% to 63.62% (1.02 point decrease).
With the upcoming Firefox 3.6 release, this browser increased its market share by 0.65 point, from 24.07% to 24.72%.
After previous gain in October, this time Safari‘s market share fell from 4.42% to 4.36% (0.06% decrease). Continue Reading
- IE6 and IE7 vulnerable to latest flaw; IE8 immune
- IE bug leaks private details from 50 million PDF files
- Firefox’s Plan to Kick the Login’s Butt
- Alex Faaborg’s Identity Mockup
- 10 Firefox Extensions Google Chrome Should Have Too
- Opera 10.10 closes “extremely severe” hole
- Almost 40 million people used Opera Mini last month
- Safari on iPhone gets competition from a $1 browser app
- OneWeb demonstrates the power of XMPP inside the browser
- Maxthon 2.5.10 Supports Multi-touch and other Windows 7 features
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.
- IE8 bug makes ‘safe’ sites unsafe
- MS discovers flaw in Google plug-in for IE
- Microsoft Windows chief decries standards grandstanding
- Firefox 3.6 locks down component directory – Update
- Security vulnerabilities in add-ons imperil Firefox users
- Google set to promote Chrome extensions
- Opera widgets without Opera…
- WebKit nightlies support HTML5 noreferrer link relation
- Camino 2 adds tab overview, phishing and malware protection
- Update on Camino 2 crashes
Thanks to Nox and mabdul for links.
IEBlog has published Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) (not final version) SunSpider benchmark results and compared them to Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.5, Firefox 3.6, Google Chrome 3, Google Chrome 4, Safari 4 and latest Webkit Nightly build.
Let me tell you, this graph looks promising so far: Continue Reading
In today’s Professional Developers Conference, Microsoft has announced the availability of Silverlight 4 Beta.
Some of new Silverlight 4 features include: Google Chrome web browser support, applications now start 200% faster than in Silverlight 3, multi touch, webcam and microphone support, a new user interface for requesting application privileges access outside the standard Silverlight sandbox and much more.
- Jetpack 0.6 dishes up two major APIs for Firefox add-on coders
- Yes, A Beta Version Of Chrome For Mac Is Just Weeks Away
- Opera Mobile 10 beta for S60 phones, updated version available
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.14.938
- WebGL Musical Solar System
- Statistics: The world stands on its head
- The future of games is in your web browser
- Mastering Lynx (Open Source Text Browser) for Search Engine Optimization
Thanks to Nox for links.
Our reader Dainius has discovered a new tool/browser called “ChromePlus”. Basically, it’s a Google Chrome web browser with few additional features and without any Chrome background processes.
What additional features?
At this moment, it has the following:
Download Tools Support
Also, an ability to close tabs by double clicking on them.
Want to try it? Here is a home page link.
It’s that day of the month again, when we check and let you know, which web browser is becoming more and/or less popular. So let’s begin.
Not surprisingly, Internet Explorer lost more market share and went down from 65.71% to 64.64% (1.07 point decrease).
Celebrating its 5th birthday, Firefox market share went up from 23.75% to 24.07% (0.32 point increase). Continue Reading
- Microsoft Issues Bug Fix For Recent Internet Explorer Update
- Firefox Now The Most Vulnerable Browser?
- Mozilla aborted IE in Firefox clothing, Google we’re not
- Expand shortened web addresses in Firefox
- Google closes vulnerabilities in Chrome 3
- Opera could be headed for the iPhone
- Bug in Safari browser in iPhone has surfaced
Thanks to mabdul for links.