Benchmark: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Firefox 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 vs. Chrome 4, 3, 2 vs. Opera 10.5, 10.1 vs. Safari 4
Yet again, it’s time to test latest web browser releases, including Opera 10.50.
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 Beta 5
Firefox 3.7 Pre-Alpha 1 Continue Reading
- Bugs and Fixes: Zero-Day Patch for Internet Explorer 6 or 7
- Mozilla exec: Bing is not popular enough for Firefox
- Mozilla thinks mobile Firefox will kill app stores
- Firefox 3.5 is Now the World’s Most Popular Browser
- Jetpack goes mobile
- Firefox, Adobe top buggiest-software list
- Firebug may slow down Firefox
- Congrats Mobile Add-on Challenge Winners
- Five Ways to Cover Firefox in Chrome
- Give the Gift of Google Chrome this Christmas
- Chrome Drops Safari Into Fourth Place Among Browsers
- Native JSON support in Opera
- Opera Mini 5 beta 2 now available in 26 languages
- European Commission and Microsoft Elect To Include Flock In Browser Ballot Screen
- Browser Ballot Screen: Maxthon to be included as well
Thanks to Nox for links!
As 3.6 branch has not even reached RC status yet, Mozilla has delayed final release into early 2010.
Originally, Firefox 3.6 was targeted for 2009 Q3/Q4 availability.
Microsoft and European Commission have finally reached an agreement, in which browsers will be randomly listed in ballot screen (up to 12 browsers total)
Although EU have not fined Microsoft this time, if they fail to stick with an agreement for the next 5 years, Microsoft will have to pay up to 10% of yearly global turnover.
“This is a victory for the future of the Web. This decision is also a celebration of open Web standards, as these shared guidelines are the necessary ingredients for innovation on the Web,” said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO of Opera Software.
Thanks to Trygve Lie for news tip.
Yesterday, Mozilla has released 2 updates for Firefox 3.5 and 3.0 branches. Both versions received various security and stability improvements. Firefox 3.5.6 includes 62 bug fixes and Firefox 3.0.16 – 24. It’s always recommended to use latest stable browser release.
If you have read “Mozilla exec urges Firefox users ditch Google for Bing” story, then everything should be pretty clear to you.
Wonder what Microsoft did? Well, check Bing.com background of the day:
Need I say more?
- Microsoft CSS Vendor Extensions
- Mozilla exec urges Firefox users ditch Google for Bing
- Mobile Firefox release candidate coming as early as next week
- Move the Close Tab Button in Firefox
- 6 Killer Extensions for Google Chrome
- Why Mac Google Chrome is Better
- Opera on Google Chrome OS: what me worry?
- Opera Mobile 10 Comes to Android Via Carriers and Manufacturers
- Opera Mini Minor Server Upgrade
- Google’s Mac browser whips Firefox and Opera, lags Apple’s Safari
- WebGL Draft Specification Now Available
Thanks to Rob for links.
- How To Support Internet Explorer and Still Be Cutting Edge
- IE Quero Toolbar
- Microsoft to patch IE zero-day bug next week
- Sony In Talks With Mozilla?
- Best 5 Firefox Add-ons for Facebook Fans
- 11 Chrome Extensions, For Starters
- Features Chrome For Mac Beta Will Be Missing
- Opera 10.10: 12 million downloads in 7 days
- Difference between Opera Mobile 10 and Opera Mini 5
- Camino 2.0.1 Released!
- WebGL in Firefox on Nokia N900 (video)
Thanks to Nox for links.