As we are nearing to the final Firefox 3.6 release, Mozilla has announced the availability of the very first release candidate (RC) build.
This version aims to fix earlier reported stability issues and various bugs. A total 1597 of changes were made, since alpha release.
Final version should be available sometime in Q1, 2010.
Thanks to Ryan for the news tip.
- Microsoft’s collaboration on SVG is a win for the open Web
- Serious IE and Windows flaws left to fester
- Download Internet Explorer 8 Optimized for Xbox 360
- Next Firefox major update, “Lorentz”, could be a minor
- 40% Firefox Growth in 2009
- Undo Closed Tabs and Windows in Firefox
- Do we need extension dependencies?
- Jetpack 50-Line Code Challenge Winner is Crowne
- Mozilla Drumbeat Aims to Expand Web Participationd
- Rebuilding the Plugin Directory
- Google-HTC Prepping Chrome OS Tablet
- Chrome sets browser security standard, says expert
- Google Taps Cooliris To Enable Media Browsing On Nexus One
- Opera Magazine now online
- Opera expands mobile SDK lineup amid losses
- WebKitGTK+ hackfest improves HTML renderer for GNOME apps
- Flock 2.5.6 Now Available
- Doing more with data
Thanks a lot to Nox for links.
Few more updates came from Mozilla, as company released Firefox 3.5.7 and 3.0.17 web browser versions.
Well, this certainly wasn’t a big surprise. During the last month of 2009, Google Chrome (4.63% market share) became world’s 3rd most used web browser, overtaking Apple’s Safari (4.46%).
In other news, Internet Explorer market share went down from 63.62% to 62.69% (0.93 point decrease).
Firefox also lost some of the market share, going down from 24.72% to 24.61% (0.11 point decrease). Continue Reading
- Why Mozilla sucks? Fosdem 2010
- Plugins Check page: A new milestone
- Firefox for Maemo RC1 available now
- After RealPlayer, Avast & AdAware to bundle Chrome browser
- Opera plans to get back on track with 10.5
- State of the Mobile Web, November 2009
- Opera: (re-)Introducing
- Download your favorite YouTube videos with Opera
- PreBrowser Palm Pre like Web Browser for Jailbroken iPhone
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, f, Ichann and Nox for links.
- How to Speed Up Internet Explorer 8
- Help Design Firefox 4 Home Tab
- FireFox Addons vs Google Chrome Extensions
- interactive file uploads with Drag and Drop, FileAPI and XMLHttpRequest
- Multi-Process Plugins
- Chrome Ad Campaign Nets Positive Results
- Get the Most Out of Opera Mobile 10 With These Tips
- Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u Released
- Bitstream’s BOLT named best mobile browser
Thanks to Nox for links.
We would like to wish you a very happy Christmas and awesome New Year :-)
Also, we will be moving site to a new server (thanks to Lotosus.com) (so it can take 24-48 hours for your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to catch new IPs).
In case you don’t see any new posts within a week, please try to clear your DNS Cache.
To Clear/flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows. Continue Reading
Benchmark: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Firefox 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 vs. Chrome 4, 3, 2 vs. Opera 10.5, 10.1 vs. Safari 4
Yet again, it’s time to test latest web browser releases, including Opera 10.50.
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 Beta 5
Firefox 3.7 Pre-Alpha 1 Continue Reading