Now this is one of the must have add-ons for Firefox 1.5-3.0.
Open IT Online allows you to open your documents and images online without the need of any software to be installed. Open IT Online supports Google Docs, Zoho and ThinkFree online services. It handles:
- Documents (*.doc, *.rtf, *.odt, *.sxw) Continue Reading
Here’s a nice post by Christian Zibreg called “10 things we would like to see in Firefox and Chrome”. He lists 5 must have features for each of those web browsers. The funny thing however is one of the comments:
1. Already done in Opera.
2. Has been done in Opera for quite a while.
3. Opera already does a large portion of this. Continue Reading
Things like that don’t happen very often. It looks like 3 months data of broken sites reports is officially gone. You might reconsider to report those issues again. This data is being used “to find the top sites that are “broken” to help prioritize fixes to the browser.”
As it says: Continue Reading
Yet another month passed by and it’s time to check how’s your favorite browser doing.
After previous 0.01% gain, Internet Explorer continues to lose its market share. It went down by 0.87%. From 73.02% to 72.15%
Firefox keeps growing. This time it grabbed quite big piece of the market share: 0.51% Increased from 19.22% to 19.73% Continue Reading
Firefox 3 (3.1) vs. Google Chrome vs. Safari 3 vs. Opera 9.5 vs. Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Internet Explorer 7 (IE7)
SquirrelFish: The engine used by Safari 4.0.
V8: The engine used by Google Chrome.
SpiderMonkey: The engine that powers Firefox (up to, and including, Firefox 3.0). Continue Reading
Not so long time ago Microsoft introduces web slices feature for IE8. However, if you don’t want to use Internet Explorer 8 yet, there’s a Firefox 3 add-on which allows you to subscribe to any web page section. Add-on developers aren’t sleeping.
What was changed?
== Enablement UI ==
* Disable always: when the Firebug UI is not active on any page, the debugger is disabled (minimal overhead)
* Instant on: when the Firebug UI is active, HTML, CSS, DOM views activate (minimal overhead)
* Script panel user-activation: initially disabled or enabled always Continue Reading