Today Mozilla has introduced a new project called Test Pilot that will aim to build a representative sample of 1% of the Firefox users. Like it says, it will replace or compliment the tedious and for some users, the confusing feedback forms, so with fewer clicks, they hope it will increase the overall participation.
Here is the abridged overview:
• Develop and promote a formal Test Pilot program with a Firefox add-on at its core.
• The only things asked will be the geographical zone, technical level, locale, etc… and selecting to be anonymous or not.
• It will inform users about new experiments like overview, use cases, etc… and it will download the software if allowed.
• All participants will receive a “flight badge” displayed in their Test Pilot profile and available to embed on blogs, social networks, etc.
• It will gather only the data needed so it won’t slow down the browser nor your network.
Although it has not been launched, you can add or debate Test Pilot at discussion forum.