Mozilla yesterday has released a third beta of Firefox 3.6 web browser. Just as any new beta/rc build, it focuses on stability and performance improvements.
Fixing over 90 bugs, this version also removes Windows 7 tab previews. Furthermore, there won’t be any support for other popular features, such as: jump lists or IE like download progress bar in the taskbar.
- Jetpack 0.6 dishes up two major APIs for Firefox add-on coders
- Yes, A Beta Version Of Chrome For Mac Is Just Weeks Away
- Opera Mobile 10 beta for S60 phones, updated version available
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.14.938
- WebGL Musical Solar System
- Statistics: The world stands on its head
- The future of games is in your web browser
- Mastering Lynx (Open Source Text Browser) for Search Engine Optimization
Thanks to Nox for links.
Yesterday, Mozilla Foundations has released one more beta of Firefox 3.6 web browser. Sometime later, “Beta 2 Revision 2” appeared as well.
Since the very first Beta, they managed to squash over 190 bugs, resulting various improvements for users, web and add-on developers. Also, this update includes a “mechanism” which prevents incompatible software from crashing Firefox.
Thanks to Justin Stepp for news tip.
It’s that day of the month again, when we check and let you know, which web browser is becoming more and/or less popular. So let’s begin.
Not surprisingly, Internet Explorer lost more market share and went down from 65.71% to 64.64% (1.07 point decrease).
Celebrating its 5th birthday, Firefox market share went up from 23.75% to 24.07% (0.32 point increase). Continue Reading
- Microsoft Issues Bug Fix For Recent Internet Explorer Update
- Firefox Now The Most Vulnerable Browser?
- Mozilla aborted IE in Firefox clothing, Google we’re not
- Expand shortened web addresses in Firefox
- Google closes vulnerabilities in Chrome 3
- Opera could be headed for the iPhone
- Bug in Safari browser in iPhone has surfaced
Thanks to mabdul for links.
- Light the World with Firefox
- 3+ Awesome Ways to Make Sense of FireFox Tabs
- Beware the Fake Google Chrome OS Download
- Google sued for Courgette updates for Chrome web browser
- Opera Unite: Application of the Week
- Browser speed comparison – HTC HD2 vs Acer neoTouch vs iPhone 3GS
- Camino 2 Release Candidate Available for Download
- Flock Releases Spanish Language Web Browser
Thanks to Nox for links.
Here’s how you can enable tab preview in Firefox 3.6:
Type the following line into your address bar:
Set both to true.
Use Ctrl + Tab to switch between tabs or Ctrl + Shift + Tab to get a list of opened ones.
Mozilla has released a very first beta of Firefox 3.6 series web browser.
As we mentioned some time earlier, the following version now includes:
Personas support (aka light themes)
WOFF font format support
New CSS, DOM and HTML5 technologies support
Add-ons update notifications
And few other changes