Who needs 3D glasses or special TV’s anyway when all you have to do is open a picture via your web browser or any picture viewer.
The newest version of Maxthon has been released! Find below some of the new features and improvements that come with this update:
- Maxthon Option syncing.
- Smart Address Bar syncing.
- Lock Tab.
- New style of Last Session, History, Favorites Manager pages.
- Optimized the memory usage in Ultra Mode.
- Updated flash player to Version 10.3.183.7 in Ultra Mode.
- Thunder Downloader supported adding tasks in bulk.
- Improved the page compatibility of Webkit Core.
- Syncing of AdHunter Blocking Rules was enabled by default.
These Maxthon folk sure are speedy with their releases!
A pitch to accelerate Firefox’s rapid release schedule even further i.e. shipping a new version every five weeks, was rejected by Mozilla. The proposal, made by Mozilla engineering manager Josh Aas last week, would have cut weeks from the current scheme.
Moving to a five week cycle would mean a fix going into mozilla central would get to users three weeks faster. That’s a big deal. It’s an upgrade in responsiveness that we can’t afford to pass on if we can pull it off. - Josh Aas, Mozilla engineering manager, on the mozilla.dev.planning forum
There is a solution for you. Try Google Chrome… Wait, what?
Makes life easier for the browser programmers.
Earlier this week, Ian Hickson, author of the Acid3 test has informed community about the update. According to the source, specific implementation checks of features have been disabled as they are likely to be heavily modified in the future or completely removed.
As a result, Firefox 6 and Internet Explorer 9 web browsers now achieves a perfect 100/100 score.
[Thanks, Blake, RamaSubbu SK]
[Thanks, Rafael Luik]
Mike Shaver, the founding member of Mozilla in 1998, has decided to leave everyone’s beloved organization.
As far as the future holds, Mike has not yet though about that, as he wrote: “I haven’t yet decided what’s next, though I have some exciting opportunities to explore. I am still truly, madly, deeply in love with Mozilla and the web it is building, and grateful for the opportunities that it’s created for me,”
Today, Opera Software has announced the acquisition of Handster, an independent Android content library, which also offers developer tools, services to mobile operators as well as device manufacturers and other app stores.
According to the press release, Handster supports a variety of platforms, including: Google Android, Java, Symbian, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, netbook, tablet applications and has customers from such device manufacturers as MTS, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Huawei and LG.
- IE: Site Ready WebSockets
- How to suspend individual tabs in Chrome or Firefox
- Microsoft Windows 8 beats Google Chrome OS
- Google Chrome Surpasses 100,000 Revisions
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera Mobile: Android 11.1 update 2 ready for download
- Get Word Definitions Right in Safari with Tap Dictionary
- Dolphin Web Browser Improves the iPad Experience
A demo of Microsoft’s Windows 8 and the new Internet Explorer 10 using Metro UI.