The third beta of Opera Mobile 10 has been released by Opera Software, as company spent quite few months adding new features, polishing browser and fixing bugs. One of the new features for Windows Mobile users is experimental Flash support (Flashlite 3.1). Other improvements include:
- Complete bookmark sync in Opera Link
- Support for non-latin characters in the UI also when phone is set to latin locale (requires international build)
- A lot of input and keyboard related fixes
- Fixed text selection
- Visual indication of input mode also for non-latin input modes
- General bug fixing (stability, UI) Continue Reading
An important milestone has been reached in Opera Software headquarters, as company announced that they have passed 50 million active users mark.
“Our original goal with Opera Mini was to make the Web available to everyone, regardless of their network or mobile phone. Fifty million active monthly users is a great start,” said Lars Boilesen, CEO of Opera Software.
Google has just rolled out a new beta of Chrome web browser for Mac OS, featuring extensions and bookmark sync support.
With over 2500 extensions already available, everyone shall find tools to improve their daily browsing experience.
As company has never launched a true open source project before, there will be a learning curve.
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for news tip.
At this moment, first Beta is available for Windows only, although UNIX and Mac OS users can still try some of the weekly builds.
Better integration with the Windows operating system
Opera “O” tab and menu
Opera Presto 2.5 rendering engine
Opera Vega graphics library
Opera Widgets for Desktop
… and more!
Opera Software announced its plans to unveil Opera Mini for iPhone during 2010 Mobile World Congress conference, which will be held from 15th to 18th of February.
Although Apple App terms clearly states, that such applications won’t be approved, Opera Software co-founder Jon von Tetzchner said: “we hope that Apple will not deny their users a choice in Web browsing experience.”
As for today, Opera Mini for iPhone is not publicly available.
Thanks to Daf for news tip.
The most important tool in this version is CEOP Button, which behavior is similar to web slices. Once it is clicked, youngster can report inappropriate site or even seek out for help for the given topics: cyberbullying, viruses, harmful content, hacking, mobile problems, and sexual behavior.
In addition, there is also a special search add-on, which shall filter harmful content and do not expose it to your children.
Picture Source: ArsTechnica.
- FBI’s Most Wanted: Your Browsing Activity
- The iPhone is the new Internet Explorer 6, says mobile developer
- IE8 is now the world’s top browser, says NetApps, as XP falls
- Mozilla to remove legacy Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger code in Firefox
- Fake Firefox Update Pages Push Adware
- Firefox 3.6 tips and tweaks
- Accelerate Firefox 3.6 page scrolling
- Google Translate Integrated In Google Chrome 5
- Google Might Advertise Chrome, Nexus One or Google Apps at Super Bowl
- Finally! “Find in Page” Comes to Mobile Safari
- Huawei to preinstall Opera Mobile 10 on its phones for China
- Bolt Browser gets Updated to Version 1.6 – Brings New Features
Thanks to Demir, mabdul and Sebastian for links.
Instead of opening new tabs in far right (right after the last tab), Firefox 3.6 uses bit different approach, which might not be appreciated by some of the users.
If you would like to change this behavior, here is a quick to follow tutorial:
Enter about:config in the address bar
Right-click on it and select “Toggle”
That’s it. Enjoy.