Less than a week after releasing the first Opera 11.60 Build, Norwegian browser maker has finished things up and already released the very first Beta.
As we mentioned earlier, Opera 11.60 includes all the Opera 12 Alpha features minus the hardware acceleration.
In addition to that, e-mail reader has been adjusted for a better widescreen displays support.
What about Opera 12 builds? According to the official post, it’s coming out sometime next week.
- A new HTML5 parser (Ragnarök), which improves compatibility
- Full ECMAScript 5.1 support
- CSS3 radial gradients
- Support for HTML5 custom scheme and content handlers
- Fixes and tweaks to the Featherweight skin, including a new Featherweight address field
- A star to the right in the address field lets you quickly add or remove pages from your bookmarks or Speed Dial. It lights up when the current page already exist as a bookmark or Speed Dial
- Changed the layout to work well with wide screens
- The list of mails now shows two lines: Subject and sender
- You can group messages by date, unread status or pinned status
- We cleaned up the looks, including new icons and simplified toolbars
- A new overlay dialog for settings lets you easily change the layout and other things
- “Pin” messages with a single click for attention
- Faster mail fetching thanks to QRESYNC support and several backend optimizations
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.