During my Chinese web browser “Maxthon 3.1 Beta”, review (which is yet to come), I saw an innocent looking button, which suggested me to download some themes, little did I know that this would turn into a nightmare…
The story goes like this… I click on the button to check some themes and strange thing happens: it redirects me to a forum. No problem, I thought, it’s just a Beta, maybe there are no official skins yet.
With the release of Opera 12, users can now enjoy search suggestions. However, if you are one of those people (myself included) who are not particularly happy about this change, here is a simple solution to disable already mentioned functionality:
- Type opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowSearchesInAddressfieldAutocompletion in the address bar.
- Uncheck the “Show Searches In Addressfield Autocompletion” checkbox.
- Reward yourself with a cookie, job well done.
This is it folks, the alpha version of Opera 12 has been just released, bringing performance improvements and other goodies.
According to the official report, Opera 12 includes hardware acceleration support, which currently uses OpenGL backend. However, DirectX support is coming as well.
Here comes the October cumulative security update for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 9 web browser, bringing a total of 8 fixes.
If you already have Windows Automatic Update enabled, there is no further action required from your end.
It is October already and there’s no time to waste. So, let’s dive into the latest browsers market share results and explore those changes.
Just a couple more months and Internet Explorer will break the 50% market share barrier, this time it lost 0.62 point, down from 51.59% to 50.97%.
- Microsoft slates IE bug fix for next week
- IE: Building Offline Experiences with HTML5 AppCache and IndexedDB
- NSS Labs Offers Reward Money for Fresh Exploits
- A few new tab tricks for Firefox
- Great Dark Theme for Firefox
- Google Chrome Stable Channel Update
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera Featherweight and plugin installation improves, plus important fixes
- Opera Mobile 11.1 for Symbian Belle Review
- How many Flash Player updates is too many?
Called Chrome Remote Desktop, the new feature is in beta testing and lets you connect any two computers that have a Chrome browser, including Windows, Linux, Mac, and Chromebooks. The app can access all data on a remote computer and requires the person sharing access to their computer to give a code to the person who will tap into it remotely. That authentication must be done every time access is granted.
Mozilla said it will begin to send Firefox 3.6 users an offer that urges them to get on the rapid release train.
It would be the first time it has offered what it calls an “advertised update” or a “major update” to people still running 2010′s Firefox 3.6.