Personally, I don’t understand Opera release strategy and never will, but here it is: Opera 11 Final.
The following version introduces a handful of new features, including:
- Tab stacking
- Safer address field
- Visual mouse gestures
- Mail panel
As well as performance improvements, various bug fixes and more.
According to Choose Opera, Opera 11 will be the last desktop product of this year, so grab it while it’s hot.
P.S. It’s the same build as RC3.
It looks like Adblock Plus is coming to Google Chrome after all.
According to TechCrunch, Michael Gundlach, the author of Adblock Plus is already working on such extension.
While no release details were given, expect it sooner than later as ADP will not be written from scratch.
Developer will take AdThwart extension source code (which already uses several pieces of Adblock Plus code) and continue the progress.
1 day after RC2.
Earlier this month, Opera promised to deliver the final version of Opera 11 before Christmas.
Well, they are keeping the promise and will do that tomorrow. Whether it’s good or bad news depends on the quality of final product. However, in case their release approach has not changed, we expect to see Opera 11.01 just few weeks after v11 release.
Or so it seems.
NSS Labs tested 5 most popular web browsers to find out, which one of them offer the best protection against malware.
Tested web browsers
Google Chrome 6.0.472.63
Windows Internet Explorer 8 (build 8.0.7600.16385)
Windows Internet Explorer 9 pre-BETA (build 9.0.7930.16402)
Mozilla Firefox 3.6.10
Opera 10.62 (build 3500)
Safari 5.0.1 (7533.17.8)
Don’t forget that you will receive points for asking/answering questions and can redeem them for cool prizes.
- How many browsers do you have installed on your system?
- Have you ever tried blogging?
- Is Firefox doomed?
- How to disable automatic Opera tab stacking?
- What is your favorite feature in the current Opera 11 Beta ?
- What you think about Opera 11 beta ?
- What is your favorite Opera extension?
- Create new buttons in Opera ?
- How many of YOU are using Opera browser as default on desktop?
- Have you ever ask a site to “Open the Web” (ask it to stop block Opera or oither browsers) ?
- What is your favorite Opera feature ?
- Did you tried PaleMoon Project ?
- Should Adobe add sandboxing (protected mode) to Flash Player and Shockwave Player like they did for Adobe Reader x ?
Holidays are just around the corner and we are giving away Microsoft’s new Xbox 360 console (or cash equivalent, in case you don’t want one).
- Follow us on Twitter
- Retweet this message (no more than one per day)
One lucky winner will be announced on the 24th of December.
That’s pretty much it. Happy holidays :-)
Here comes another batch of updates from Mozilla, as company has released Firefox 3.6.13 and 3.5.16 updates.
Both updates patch 11 security vulnerabilities where 9 of them are marked as critical.