New Aurora build is here.
Recently, Mozilla has pushed the second Alpha build of Firefox 13 to its Aurora channel for you to play with.
So what’s new? There are a couple of neat new features that will definitely improve your experience. For example, the Awesome Bar will now auto completes typed URLs and in addition to that, a Speed Dial has been finally incorporated, which draws from Opera and Google Chrome.
Anything else? Yes, there is also a redesigned home page as seen in the screenshots below.
Firefox 13 Alpha Changelog
- When opening a new tab, users are now presented with their most visited pages
- The Awesome Bar now auto-completes typed URLs
- SPDY protocol now enabled by default for faster browsing on supported sites
- Restored background tabs are not loaded by default for faster startup
- Smooth scrolling is now enabled by default
- The default home page now has quicker access to bookmarks, history, settings, and more
- 72 total improvements to Page Inspector, HTML panel, Style Inspector, Scratchpad and Style Editor
- Support for the CSS3 background-position property extended syntax has been added
- The :invalid pseudo-class can now be applied to the element
- The CSS turn
unit is now supported
There are also a bunch of known issues, be sure to check them here.
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism carrier back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.