Category: Web Browsers
- How to Speed Up Internet Explorer 8
- Help Design Firefox 4 Home Tab
- FireFox Addons vs Google Chrome Extensions
- interactive file uploads with Drag and Drop, FileAPI and XMLHttpRequest
- Multi-Process Plugins
- Chrome Ad Campaign Nets Positive Results
- Get the Most Out of Opera Mobile 10 With These Tips
- Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u Released
- Bitstream’s BOLT named best mobile browser
Thanks to Nox for links.
We would like to wish you a very happy Christmas and awesome New Year :-)
Also, we will be moving site to a new server (thanks to Lotosus.com) (so it can take 24-48 hours for your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to catch new IPs).
In case you don’t see any new posts within a week, please try to clear your DNS Cache.
To Clear/flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows. Continue Reading
Benchmark: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Firefox 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 vs. Chrome 4, 3, 2 vs. Opera 10.5, 10.1 vs. Safari 4
Yet again, it’s time to test latest web browser releases, including Opera 10.50.
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 Beta 5
Firefox 3.7 Pre-Alpha 1 Continue Reading
- Bugs and Fixes: Zero-Day Patch for Internet Explorer 6 or 7
- Mozilla exec: Bing is not popular enough for Firefox
- Mozilla thinks mobile Firefox will kill app stores
- Firefox 3.5 is Now the World’s Most Popular Browser
- Jetpack goes mobile
- Firefox, Adobe top buggiest-software list
- Firebug may slow down Firefox
- Congrats Mobile Add-on Challenge Winners
- Five Ways to Cover Firefox in Chrome
- Give the Gift of Google Chrome this Christmas
- Chrome Drops Safari Into Fourth Place Among Browsers
- Native JSON support in Opera
- Opera Mini 5 beta 2 now available in 26 languages
- European Commission and Microsoft Elect To Include Flock In Browser Ballot Screen
- Browser Ballot Screen: Maxthon to be included as well
Thanks to Nox for links!
Microsoft and European Commission have finally reached an agreement, in which browsers will be randomly listed in ballot screen (up to 12 browsers total)
Although EU have not fined Microsoft this time, if they fail to stick with an agreement for the next 5 years, Microsoft will have to pay up to 10% of yearly global turnover.
“This is a victory for the future of the Web. This decision is also a celebration of open Web standards, as these shared guidelines are the necessary ingredients for innovation on the Web,” said Jon von Tetzchner, CEO of Opera Software.
Thanks to Trygve Lie for news tip.
- Microsoft CSS Vendor Extensions
- Mozilla exec urges Firefox users ditch Google for Bing
- Mobile Firefox release candidate coming as early as next week
- Move the Close Tab Button in Firefox
- 6 Killer Extensions for Google Chrome
- Why Mac Google Chrome is Better
- Opera on Google Chrome OS: what me worry?
- Opera Mobile 10 Comes to Android Via Carriers and Manufacturers
- Opera Mini Minor Server Upgrade
- Google’s Mac browser whips Firefox and Opera, lags Apple’s Safari
- WebGL Draft Specification Now Available
Thanks to Rob for links.
Just 8 months ago, company has passed 200 million downloads mark. And now, the second most popular web browser in China has already been downloaded more than 300 million times, Maxthon CEO/Founder Jeff Chen said.
Surprisingly, it’s doing quite well in other countries too, as guys over Maxthon blog wrote: “The authoritative market research firm, Net Applications, puts Maxthon use internationally at 1.33 percent, just one twentieth of one percent less than use of the fifth-ranked browser Opera.”
- How To Support Internet Explorer and Still Be Cutting Edge
- IE Quero Toolbar
- Microsoft to patch IE zero-day bug next week
- Sony In Talks With Mozilla?
- Best 5 Firefox Add-ons for Facebook Fans
- 11 Chrome Extensions, For Starters
- Features Chrome For Mac Beta Will Be Missing
- Opera 10.10: 12 million downloads in 7 days
- Difference between Opera Mobile 10 and Opera Mini 5
- Camino 2.0.1 Released!
- WebGL in Firefox on Nokia N900 (video)
Thanks to Nox for links.