Good news for all you 2D haters, the upcoming LG Optimus 3D cell phone will save you from sorrow as it includes the world’s first augmented reality 3D browser called Wikitude. Although not many details are known, it’s not a long wait since LG plans to launch the beast this summer.
Thankfully, it will not require any glasses.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Opera
- April, 2011: Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera – Down
- Mozilla Defies the Department of Homeland Security
- Creator Of jQuery Leaves Mozilla
- How To Save And Quit In Firefox 4
- How to Activate Autocomplete in Firefox 4
- Google Chrome 14, 15 And 16 Planned This Year
- Google Chrome: Dear Sophie
- Google Chrome: It Gets Better
- Opera Dragonfly 1.0 Released
- Download Opera 11.50 Alpha
- RockMelt Now With Quiet Mode, Localized Search & Chromium 11
- Give Away: How to Create Web Browser Theme
RockMelt Beta 2 has been updated with Quiet Mode, Chromium 11, supports localized results from the search box, and several performance improvements. Let’s take a look at each new addition.
How many new major builds of Google Chrome browser can be pushed in one year? A lot.
If the Chromium development calendar is to be believed, then we should see the following versions later this year:
Google Chrome 13 – (Chromium on May 30, 2011)
Google Chrome 14 – (Chromium on July 25, 2011)
Google Chrome 15 – (Chromium on September 5, 2011)
Google Chrome 16 – (Chromium on October 17, 2011)
So here you have it, a plenty of releases this year with Google Chrome 13 just around the corner.
Thanks to various tweaks and improvements, the upcoming Firefox 5 release, which is scheduled for the July 2011 release, will see a big jump in performance.
Furthermore, due to the recent Firefox criticism on heavy memory usage, the new version will have key improvements in this area as well.
Firefox 5 does indeed look promising and we can’t wait to give the Beta version a test drive.
With the recent introduction of the new channel structure, it looks like Mozilla is not receiving the users it originally anticipated.
How so? Matt Brubeck, the software engineer for the Firefox Mobile has tweeted the following:
We need more Firefox users to join the Aurora channel, and start testing Firefox 5 features like CSS3 Animation: http://firefox.com/channel
As of today, the Beta release of Firefox 5 web browser is scheduled for the May 17 with the final release target set to June 21st.
Google was singled out by Federal Trade Commission Chairman Jon Liebowitz this week due to not yet having detailed any plans for integrating the Do Not Track feature. What this particular privacy feature does is let consumers opt out of online tracking by Web sites and advertisers, Google belonging to both of these categories.
Apple just announced they’re going to put it in their Safari browser. So that gives you Apple, Microsoft and Mozilla. Really the only holdout — the only company that hasn’t evolved as much as we would like on this — is Google.
- Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) vs. Firefox 4 vs. Google Chrome 10 vs. Opera 11 vs. Safari 5
- March, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer – Down
- Mozilla Names Slow Extensions
- Google Chrome to Receive Scrolling Tabs
- Google Chrome to Improve Security
- Google Chrome Cookies
- The Story of Opera Employee
- Download Opera 11.10 RC
- CycleBlob: WebGL Lightcycle Game
- How Would You Change FavBrowser?
- FavBrowser.com v3 Launched