Oh boy, here we go again…
Remember our early reported AutoFill security issue? Well, it looks like browser vulnerability was not properly patched, as your data can still be stolen.
Since it affects Safari 4 and 5 web browsers (including 5.0.5), here is a temporary fix:
Go to Preferences > AutoFill > AutoFill web forms and uncheck “Using info from my Address Book card”.
Formerly known as FoxMarks, a popular bookmark synchronization service XMarks will shut down on January 10, 2011.
Apparently, over 2 million users were not enough for a company to monetize them. As stated by XMarks co-founder, premium services were also not an option, especially when such features are already available (free of charge) from both, Firefox and Google Chrome developers.
Synchronization services will
Thanks to Geek and Nox for the news tip.
Good news, everyone, Adobe has just released a preview build of 64-bit Flash Player for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms.
- Video playback issues may appear on certain websites such as Hulu.com, Audi.co.uk, and nbc.com.
- Mouse interactivity in the Settings UI dialog does not work using Internet Explorer 9. Keyboard navigation works as expected. Please pardon our dust.
- Internet Explorer 9 is not yet final. As such, Adobe is continuing to work with Microsoft to resolve critical issues before the final release of Internet Explorer 9.
- This release will not receive automatic update notifications, and users will need to manually uninstall this preview before installing a standard shipping release of Flash Player
We are one step closer to 64-bit mainstream web browsers!
- How to uninstall Interent Explorer on Windows 7?
- How to open all links in new window automatically in Firefox?
- How to update Google Chrome?
- Which Browser Will Dominate In Market Share Within The Next 6 Months?
- How to remove border links around images in web browsre?
Recently, Apple has released updates for both branches of its web browsers. As usual, latest version includes a couple of big fixes:
Fixes an issue that could prevent users from submitting web forms
Fixes an issue that could cause web content to display incorrectly when viewing a Google Image result with Flash 10.1 installed
Establishes an encrypted, authenticated connection to the Safari Extensions Gallery
As well as security related patches.
Download Link: Safari 5.0.2
After a couple of requests, I have finally decided to launch a page that is ask.favbrowser.com
What is it all about?
Essentially, it is a web browser questions and answers site. Therefore, as the content starts kicking in, ask.favbrowser.com will serve as a good knowledge base for web browser related issues.
Also, you can earn points for asking and answering questions.
Can you redeem points for any cool prizes?
Not yet, but stay tunned, there will certainly be a couple of them in the near future.
Visit web browser questions and answers page.
With few major browser releases just around the corner, let’s find out how market share has changed over the past month.
After surprising 2 months market share increase in a row, this time Internet Explorer lost 0.34 of it, down from 60.74% to 60.40%.