Today, MeFeedia has released an interesting piece of information.
By using data from more than 33 000 different publishers, they revealed what appears to be a pretty significant growth of HTML5 playback.
According to report, numbers have doubled in the last 5 months and as of October 2010, 54% of H.264 videos are now available for playback in HTML5.
When it comes to market share statistics, it looks like everyone’s beloved (or hated) Browser Ballot screen had no drastic effect after all.
While comparing Europe/North America and worldwide market share numbers, Neowin has come up with a conclusion that there is only as little as 1% difference between global and Europe figures.
So here you have it, Internet Explorer “dominance” continues.
Today, we test five most popular web browsers to find out, who leads and who lags in the HTML5 Benchmark (Beta).
Internet Explorer 8
Internet Explorer 9
Google Chrome 7
Google Chrome 8
Mozilla does it again, or so it seems.
While it brings more drama to the browser wars, we’d still like to see Opera 11 numbers to be included as well.
• All the Way to Internet Explorer 13
It seems like Microsoft decided to increase its domain names portfolio, as company…
- How to find which Firefox, Chrome or other browser tab are playing flash or audio?
- Is it possible to use Silverlight in Ubuntu using Opera?
- Which browser do you think is better and easy-to-use?
- Do you think we can get purdi on here?
- How do I create Favicons?
Now here is an interesting spin on a regular web browser. Basically, it’s a programmable web browser, designed with automation in mind. Think about it as a blend of Safari and OS X Apple Script utility.
According to Fake web page, you can use it to automate various web tasks, such as: filling forms and/or capturing screenshots. Developers may also find it beneficial, as they can use Fake to graphically configure automated tests for their web applications.
However, there are two downsides: Mac OS X only and a price of $29.95.
- What is the first tabbed browser that you used?
- What is the current state of 3D in (upcoming) browsers?
- I tried firefox 4 and it crashed on installing and on starting. Any solutions?
- Why on earth was Safari introduced for Windows!! ?
- Silverlight for Opera?