Couple weeks ago, Google came up with Chrome speed test video. Well, today Opera Software has released their own version of it, featuring Norwegian potatoes and Opera web browser itself.
Thanks to Garen, RamaSubbu SK and zoori for the news tip.
It appears that Opera Mini for the iPhone is doing really well.
According to the Opera’s most recent “State of the Mobile Web” report, browser is already more than 2.6 million unique users.
That makes Apple iPhone the 3rd most popular device running Opera Mini.
1. Nokia 5130 XpressMusic
2. Nokia 6300
3. Apple iPhone
Additionally, company has reported a 6.6% users increase from March 2010, with a total user count of over 58.9 million.
- Internet Explorer History Monitor
- Install Firefox add-on without restarting, now in nightly builds
- Mozilla Plugin Check for All Browsers
- The Book of Mozilla
- Use Google Chrome to Drag Images into e-mails
- Verizon’s Tablet Bet Is on Google Chrome
- Why the Opera web browser is anti-Flash
- Opera’s Secrets Unlocked: 16 Tips and Tricks
- Apple Safari Browser Hit By Zero-day Vulnerability
- Is Your Browser HTML5 and CSS3 Ready?
- Android Browser Roundup
Thanks to Android, Ichann, Nox and Tiago Sá for links.
Today Opera Software has released a preview build of Opera Mobile 10 for Nokia N900 and N800/N810 devices.
Just like Opera Mini or Opera Mobile for Windows/Symbian platforms, it supports Opera Turbo, bookmarks synch, tabbed browsing, speed dial and many more.
- Microsoft publishes its latest Security Intelligence Report, Vol. 8
- IE9 Platform Preview 2: more of the same, but a bit faster
- Firefox: How to Duplicate a Tab
- Mozilla to Detail Next Version of Firefox
- Updated Firefox 3.6.4 beta available for download and testing
- Google Buys BumpTop, A 3D User Interface For Chrome OS & Android?
- Opera Joins Flash Debate: “You Can Cook an Egg” While It’s Running
- How to change action for file types in Opera
- Unpatched drive-by download flaw in Apple Safari browser
- “Silent” update of Opera Mini 5
- FastMail.FM FAQ
Thanks to mabdul and RamaSubbu SK for links.
If “notrayicon” attribute no longer hides system tray icon in Windows or Linux platforms, try this one:
In the address bar, type:
Search for “tray” or just scrool down until you see “Show Tray Icon” preference.
Uncheck the option.
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for tip.
It’s time to find out, how ballot screen affected web browsers growth and/or decline. Lets begin.
After continuous Internet Explorer downtrend, Microsoft web browser has finally felt below 60% market share mark, from 60.65% to 59.95% (0.7 point decrease).
Firefox is slowly trying to reach 25% market share mark, this time its share increased by 0.07 point, from 24.52% to 24.59%. Continue Reading
Today, Opera Software has announced the acquisition of Aussie email provider FastMail.FM for an undisclosed amount of money.
According to company press release statement, this move will help Opera to expand its current messaging product portfolio and deliver cross-platform messaging to a wide range of devices, including computers, mobile phones, TVs and gaming consoles.
“The newest generation of Web users will discover the Web through a mobile device. Having world-class messaging capability alongside a rich and compelling Web experience is essential. By combining forces, Opera and FastMail.fm can offer messaging on any device. This will enhance the value Opera provides to consumers, while assisting our operator partners in reducing customer churn,” said Rolf Assev, Chief Strategy Officer at Opera Software.
Bug fixes since 10.51
Fixed a crash on closing tab with PDF plugin
Fixed issues with pages never stop loading
Fixed issues with caching
Fixed an issue with opening email attachments
… and more
According to 10.5x roadmap, Linux version should be released by the end of May.
- Microsoft to fix further vulnerabilities in IE 8 XSS filter
- IE9 Developer Tools: Network Tab
- Firefox Customizable Tab Bar
- Screenshots of new UI concepts for Firefox 4
- refox 3.6.4 beta available for download and testing
- Google closes vulnerabilities in Chrome 4 for Windows
- Wikipedia Companion Adds Wikipedia Browser To Google Chrome
- Chrome OS to support ARM and Tegra?
- Opera shown to be the most secure browser by Symantec
- Make Opera Mini 5 the default Android browser with Opera Bridge
- Another EU browser ballot bug: now it’s not random at all
- Holistic Web Browsing: Trends Of The Future
- Video: Skyfire Alpha on Android
- Microsoft sponsors new Web font standard
- NetSurf 2.5 released
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Ichann, mabdul, Nox and Oliver for links.