Now here is an interesting one. TaerkEX, a member of DeviantART has created a simple APNG (Animated PNG) animation.
What’s so great about that?
Well, picture contains two frames. Therefore, if your browser does not support APNG, you should only see the very first one.
Like this (.gif format):
Otherwise (.gif format):
• Microsoft Pushes Hard with Internet Explorer 9
It looks like Microsoft IE team tries to do its best to make you forget about Internet Explorer 6/7 mess.
• Internet Explorer 6 Market Share to Reach 10% in 2010
If we analyze Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 market share trend, the following conclusion can be made.
• Mozilla to Add Weave Sync for the Next Firefox Release
It appears that Mozilla has decided to integrate data synch feature into the upcoming major Firefox release.
Another month, another market report. Let’s begin.
Internet Explorer market share fell down by 0.26 point, from 59.95% to 59.69%.
Firefox still struggles to reach 25% market share, this time it went down from 24.59% to 24.35% (0.24 point decrease).
Not a big surprise here, Chrome managed to increase its market share by another 0.32 point, up from 6.73% to 7.05%. Continue Reading
• Windows Phone 7 to Feature Upgradeable Internet Explorer
With many mobile web browser choices floating around, Internet Explorer is certainly not one of them.
• Synchronize Between Firefox and iPhone with Firefox Home
Mozilla has recently announced an upcoming project that is “Firefox Home”.
• Google Releases Chrome 5 Stable
Few days ago, Google has released the final version of Google Chrome 5 web browser, tagged as version 5.0.375.55, for Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. Continue Reading
Today, Opera Software has released an alpha version of Opera 10.60 web browser. Promising final release sometime in summer, not only they managed to improve browser stability but also increase its performance and add a couple of new features.
Windows, Mac and Linux sync
Speed Dial has wide-screen preview thumbnails that fit better and are easier to see
The upgraded Opera Menu is easier to find and use
Refined Visual tab previews
Numerous stability and security improvements
Couple weeks ago, Google came up with Chrome speed test video. Well, today Opera Software has released their own version of it, featuring Norwegian potatoes and Opera web browser itself.
Thanks to Garen, RamaSubbu SK and zoori for the news tip.
It appears that Opera Mini for the iPhone is doing really well.
According to the Opera’s most recent “State of the Mobile Web” report, browser is already more than 2.6 million unique users.
That makes Apple iPhone the 3rd most popular device running Opera Mini.
1. Nokia 5130 XpressMusic
2. Nokia 6300
3. Apple iPhone
Additionally, company has reported a 6.6% users increase from March 2010, with a total user count of over 58.9 million.
- Internet Explorer History Monitor
- Install Firefox add-on without restarting, now in nightly builds
- Mozilla Plugin Check for All Browsers
- The Book of Mozilla
- Use Google Chrome to Drag Images into e-mails
- Verizon’s Tablet Bet Is on Google Chrome
- Why the Opera web browser is anti-Flash
- Opera’s Secrets Unlocked: 16 Tips and Tricks
- Apple Safari Browser Hit By Zero-day Vulnerability
- Is Your Browser HTML5 and CSS3 Ready?
- Android Browser Roundup
Thanks to Android, Ichann, Nox and Tiago Sá for links.
Today Opera Software has released a preview build of Opera Mobile 10 for Nokia N900 and N800/N810 devices.
Just like Opera Mini or Opera Mobile for Windows/Symbian platforms, it supports Opera Turbo, bookmarks synch, tabbed browsing, speed dial and many more.
- Microsoft publishes its latest Security Intelligence Report, Vol. 8
- IE9 Platform Preview 2: more of the same, but a bit faster
- Firefox: How to Duplicate a Tab
- Mozilla to Detail Next Version of Firefox
- Updated Firefox 3.6.4 beta available for download and testing
- Google Buys BumpTop, A 3D User Interface For Chrome OS & Android?
- Opera Joins Flash Debate: “You Can Cook an Egg” While It’s Running
- How to change action for file types in Opera
- Unpatched drive-by download flaw in Apple Safari browser
- “Silent” update of Opera Mini 5
- FastMail.FM FAQ
Thanks to mabdul and RamaSubbu SK for links.