According to Rolf Assev, Opera’s chief strategy officer, desktop browser downloads has tripled in some of the countries, since the launch of ballot screen.
Although Opera 10.50 Final was released at the time of ballot screen debut (1 day difference), he added: “We compared the downloads against previous launches, such as Opera 10.0, 10.10 and 9.5, and the tripling is above what we would normally expect with a new version launch”.
Waiting for download numbers…
- IE tag – Take Two
- Documenting Standards in IE
- Microsoft investigating new Internet Explorer vulnerability in Windows XP
- Microsoft plays dirty against other browsers in Russia
- Firefox Mobile Browser Fennec Spotted on Android
- External Text Editing in Firefox
- The Downfall of Personas
- Coming Soon To Chrome: Extensions That Can Alter Your Browsing History
- Google Chrome Tip: Recovering closed tabs
- Zero-days flaws surface in Apple Safari
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.16.916
- Browser history hijack + social networks = lost anonymity
- Camino 2.0.2 Released
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.
Just as expected, today Opera Software has released the final version of Opera 10.50 for Windows, with Mac and Linux versions soon to follow.
Better integration with the Windows operating system
Opera “O” tab and menu Continue Reading
It appears that Opera is really pushing for Opera 10.50 Final release (more on that in the upcoming article), as Opera 10.50 RC has been just released, few days after Beta 2; and just like Beta 2, this build is Windows only release.
Besides bug fixes and continuous stabilization, release candidate received a new feature, which allows to seek through video that is not yet completelly downloaded.
Thanks to MarkG for news tip.
One more Opera 10.50 Beta has been released by Opera Software, as company continues to stabilize and improve web browser.
Earlier this week, Opera Software has revealed their Q4 2009 financial results. Some of the highlights are:
Opera Mobile: 47 new models in 2009, shipments of 4.2 million.
Opera Mini: 172 new models in 2009
Opera Desktop: Users up 37% since 4Q08 (up 11% vs3Q09)
• Revenue up 20% (up 37% on constant currency basis)
• Successful launch of Opera 10 and 10.10
• Users up 125% since 4Q07 to approximately 46 million in December 2009 Continue Reading
- Europeans Get a Taste of the Browser Choice Screen
- Firefox 3.5.8 and 3.0.18 security updates now available
- Firefox for Android coming ‘late this year’
- Setup Reminders in Firefox
- Vote for your favorite Concepts in the Home Tab Design Challenge
- 4 FireFox Addons to Give You Website Statistics at a Glance
- Mozilla admits to add-on malware false alarm
- Google Officially Deadpools Gears For Safari. Puts It On Death Watch For Firefox And IE
- Improve YouTube Video Viewing in Google Chrome
- Google fixes vulnerabilities in Chrome 4 for Windows
- The Opera Widgets Code-to-win Challenge
- MWC: Hands-on video with the Opera Mobile browser for Android
- BBC want your browser ballot views
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, mabdul and Nox for links.