Author Archive: Vygantas
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.
This is it folks, the alpha version of Opera 12 has been just released, bringing performance improvements and other goodies.
According to the official report, Opera 12 includes hardware acceleration support, which currently uses OpenGL backend. However, DirectX support is coming as well.
Here comes the October cumulative security update for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 9 web browser, bringing a total of 8 fixes.
If you already have Windows Automatic Update enabled, there is no further action required from your end.
It is October already and there’s no time to waste. So, let’s dive into the latest browsers market share results and explore those changes.
Just a couple more months and Internet Explorer will break the 50% market share barrier, this time it lost 0.62 point, down from 51.59% to 50.97%.
- Microsoft slates IE bug fix for next week
- IE: Building Offline Experiences with HTML5 AppCache and IndexedDB
- NSS Labs Offers Reward Money for Fresh Exploits
- A few new tab tricks for Firefox
- Great Dark Theme for Firefox
- Google Chrome Stable Channel Update
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera Featherweight and plugin installation improves, plus important fixes
- Opera Mobile 11.1 for Symbian Belle Review
- How many Flash Player updates is too many?
Download pre-alpha now.
The latest weekly build of Opera 12 web browser has few significant changes that are worth mentioning.
First of all, it now includes Ragnarök, Opera’s HTML5 parser engine (you can read more about it here), secondly, improved CSS3 gradient support and lastly, support for CSS3 radial gradients.
There is one more thing that is not yet mentioned. Remember when we said that opera:gpu shows a blank screen page? It now brings the following (when running on Windows 7 with ATI Radeon HD 5670 (DirectX 11) graphics card):
A Russian web site that loads for mobile users only and looks similar to the Opera.com home page now offers a piece of malware, disguised as OperaMini.jar
Upon visit, a user is notified about the new update that should be downloaded, which, when installed, will start sending text messages to premium numbers.
We will be interviewing the Maxthon web browser team shortly and would like to hear some of the feedback from our readers.
So, post your (respectful) questions in the comments section below and the ones with most likes will be sent for the Maxthon folks to answer.
Update: Questions have been sent, thank you for participating!
If you are in London and got some time to waste, check the very first retail store from the search giant itself.
Dubbed “The Chrome Zone”, Google hopes to help users understand the concept of a cloud based computing and push some Chromebooks, such as Samsung’s Series 5 along the way.
Fully compatible with Firefox only.
If you are keen on trying Gladius, Mozilla’s 3D browser engine, then today is that day.
In the official blog announcement, an open source organization has revealed its ambition to push the 3D gaming into the web, and that’s exactly what latest project of Mozilla (codenamed Paladin) does.
- Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7 Passes 30% Share in the US
- CSS3 text-shadow in IE10
- IE9 Mobile Developer Overview
- Double Trojan infects IE, Firefox in one swoop
- Firefox devs mull dumping Java to stop BEAST attacks
- Top 9 Firefox fixes
- Firefox 3.6.23 security update now available
- Google’s Chrome browser: Coming soon to Android?
- Google Chrome Stable and Beta Channel Updates
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera: Amazon’s Silk Browser is Flattering, But Five Years Late
- Opera: A shining new [bookmark] star
- HTML5 Template Generators, Frameworks And Tools
[Thanks, Ichan, RamaSubbu SK, Shane Bundy]