With the release of Opera 12, users can now enjoy search suggestions. However, if you are one of those people (myself included) who are not particularly happy about this change, here is a simple solution to disable already mentioned functionality:
- Type opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowSearchesInAddressfieldAutocompletion in the address bar.
- Uncheck the “Show Searches In Addressfield Autocompletion” checkbox.
- Reward yourself with a cookie, job well done.
This is it folks, the alpha version of Opera 12 has been just released, bringing performance improvements and other goodies.
According to the official report, Opera 12 includes hardware acceleration support, which currently uses OpenGL backend. However, DirectX support is coming as well.
Here comes the October cumulative security update for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 9 web browser, bringing a total of 8 fixes.
If you already have Windows Automatic Update enabled, there is no further action required from your end.
It is October already and there’s no time to waste. So, let’s dive into the latest browsers market share results and explore those changes.
Just a couple more months and Internet Explorer will break the 50% market share barrier, this time it lost 0.62 point, down from 51.59% to 50.97%.
- Microsoft slates IE bug fix for next week
- IE: Building Offline Experiences with HTML5 AppCache and IndexedDB
- NSS Labs Offers Reward Money for Fresh Exploits
- A few new tab tricks for Firefox
- Great Dark Theme for Firefox
- Google Chrome Stable Channel Update
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera Featherweight and plugin installation improves, plus important fixes
- Opera Mobile 11.1 for Symbian Belle Review
- How many Flash Player updates is too many?
Called Chrome Remote Desktop, the new feature is in beta testing and lets you connect any two computers that have a Chrome browser, including Windows, Linux, Mac, and Chromebooks. The app can access all data on a remote computer and requires the person sharing access to their computer to give a code to the person who will tap into it remotely. That authentication must be done every time access is granted.
Mozilla said it will begin to send Firefox 3.6 users an offer that urges them to get on the rapid release train.
It would be the first time it has offered what it calls an “advertised update” or a “major update” to people still running 2010′s Firefox 3.6.
Download pre-alpha now.
The latest weekly build of Opera 12 web browser has few significant changes that are worth mentioning.
First of all, it now includes Ragnarök, Opera’s HTML5 parser engine (you can read more about it here), secondly, improved CSS3 gradient support and lastly, support for CSS3 radial gradients.
There is one more thing that is not yet mentioned. Remember when we said that opera:gpu shows a blank screen page? It now brings the following (when running on Windows 7 with ATI Radeon HD 5670 (DirectX 11) graphics card):
A Russian web site that loads for mobile users only and looks similar to the Opera.com home page now offers a piece of malware, disguised as OperaMini.jar
Upon visit, a user is notified about the new update that should be downloaded, which, when installed, will start sending text messages to premium numbers.