Category: Web Browsers
Just recently, search engine giant halted older browsers support for few of their apps. Turns out, it’s only the beginning, as Google spokesman said: “We plan to stop supporting older browsers for the rest of the Google Apps suite, including Gmail, later in 2010″.
This move is slightly unexpected, as IE6 still owns 20% of browser market share. As for older browsers quote, Firefox 2.0, Safari 2.0 and Chrome 3.0 won’t be supported as well.
Microsoft Internet Explorer lost yet another chunk of market share, and went down from 62.69% to 62.12% (0.57 point decrease).
For a third time in a row, Mozilla Firefox lost more market share, as it fell from 24.61% to 24.43% (0.18 point decrease).
Yet another huge gain for Chrome web browser; moving up, from 4.63% to 5.22%, making it a 0.59 point increase.
Slowly but surely, Safari increased its market share by 0.07 point, up from 4.46% to 4.53% Continue Reading
This is it, ladies and gentlemen. The stable version of Fennec (or just Firefox Mobile) web browser for Maemo platform has been released.
As for today, it’s recommended for Nokia N900 users only, although N810 and N800 device owners can try it as well.
- UK government pledges support for MS Internet Explorer
- Browser Speed Tests: Firefox 3.6, Chrome 4, Opera 10.5, and Extensions
- The Snoopy Google Toolbar
- Enable the Tab Preview Menu Button in Firefox 3.6
- Firefox: People in Germany Are Switching Browsers
- No matter what Apple says, you can’t get a rich web experience without Flash
- How to shorten URLs directly in Opera
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.15.2444
- Clickjacking problem in browsers persists
- Weave 1.0 now available for download
Thansk to Gala and mabdul for links.
- Why there’s no 64-bit Silverlight from Microsoft… yet
- Why Firefox is doomed
- Upgrade Firefox’s Download Manager
- Firebug 1.5 released
- How to add command line switches to Google Chrome or Chromium
- 10 Great Google Chrome Extensions
- Bing Making Way to iPhone’s Safari?
- Opera downloads in Germany doubled over the weekend
- Experiments with audio, part VI
- Skyfire For Symbian Brought Up To Speed
- Adobe Flash 10.1 allows private browsing
- Ruby Rendering in WebKit
- YouTube, Vimeo Try Out HTML 5.0 Video
- NetFront Browser v4.0
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.
- Microsoft warns of IE bug used in Chinese attacks on Google
- Microsoft: upgrade to IE8, even though it’s vulnerable
- Mozilla: No, Firefox XUL add-ons are not an endangered species
- 3 Ways to Quickly Find the Tab You Need (FireFox)
- Chrome For Mac Finally All Systems Go With Bookmark Manager
- Apple, It’s Time To Delete Safari From The iPhone
- Opera Talks: J.D. Lien
- Get An Overload of Transparency With New Z1-Glass Skin For Opera 10.5
- NetFront Browser 4.0 “Concept Version” gets released
- Microsoft’s collaboration on SVG is a win for the open Web
- Serious IE and Windows flaws left to fester
- Download Internet Explorer 8 Optimized for Xbox 360
- Next Firefox major update, “Lorentz”, could be a minor
- 40% Firefox Growth in 2009
- Undo Closed Tabs and Windows in Firefox
- Do we need extension dependencies?
- Jetpack 50-Line Code Challenge Winner is Crowne
- Mozilla Drumbeat Aims to Expand Web Participationd
- Rebuilding the Plugin Directory
- Google-HTC Prepping Chrome OS Tablet
- Chrome sets browser security standard, says expert
- Google Taps Cooliris To Enable Media Browsing On Nexus One
- Opera Magazine now online
- Opera expands mobile SDK lineup amid losses
- WebKitGTK+ hackfest improves HTML renderer for GNOME apps
- Flock 2.5.6 Now Available
- Doing more with data
Thanks a lot to Nox for links.
Well, this certainly wasn’t a big surprise. During the last month of 2009, Google Chrome (4.63% market share) became world’s 3rd most used web browser, overtaking Apple’s Safari (4.46%).
In other news, Internet Explorer market share went down from 63.62% to 62.69% (0.93 point decrease).
Firefox also lost some of the market share, going down from 24.72% to 24.61% (0.11 point decrease). Continue Reading
- Why Mozilla sucks? Fosdem 2010
- Plugins Check page: A new milestone
- Firefox for Maemo RC1 available now
- After RealPlayer, Avast & AdAware to bundle Chrome browser
- Opera plans to get back on track with 10.5
- State of the Mobile Web, November 2009
- Opera: (re-)Introducing
- Download your favorite YouTube videos with Opera
- PreBrowser Palm Pre like Web Browser for Jailbroken iPhone
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, f, Ichann and Nox for links.