Category: Web Browsers
- Majority of businesses will adopt Internet Explorer 8+
- Silent Install Firefox Plugin Backfires on Microsoft
- Apple gets best spot in EU browser ‘ballot screen,’ Mozilla says
- Mozilla blocklists “Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant” extension
- Leaked ‘Google Chrome OS’ Is Just the Browser
- Opera Desktop Widgets evolved
- Opera Talks: David Storey (SVG, HTML5 and Opera)
- CSS Differences in Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
- SeaMonkey 2.0 Release Candidate 1 Released
Thanks to Andrew, Daniel Hendrycks, Gabana and Nox for links!
- IE 6 for Windows phones: Interface improved
- Mozilla Weave 0.7 Released
- Mozilla ‘Plugin Check’ keeps Firefox add-ons secure
- Google Chrome Is Exceeding Internal Benchmarks for Adoption
- Forged PayPal certificate fools IE, Chrome and Safari
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.13.756
- Opera CEO says market trends to boost firm
- Personal Web Systems Lands $1.2 Million for TV Web Browser
Thanks to mabdul for links.
Mozilla today released the fourth beta of Fennec for Maemo OS2008 and Maemo 5 software platforms.
You can test it on Nokia N810, N900 devices as well as Windows, Mac OS X and Linux operating systems.
One of the first noticeable changes in Beta 4 is the fact that it now works with Nokia N900 handsets. Also, it has received various improvements, tweaks and bug fixes.
Here’s a changelog:
Microsoft and European Commission have finally come to an agreement on a new ballot screen with a total of 12 web browsers. Updated version includes a couple of changes and treaty for as long as 5 years. Testers will be able to test new screen with the following modifications: Continue Reading
- I Switched From Firefox to Internet Explorer─And Lived to Tell
- Mozilla fears Chrome Frame, but complaints don’t convince
- Mozilla denies it will ‘ribbonize’ Firefox
- Google Chrome update doesn’t remove older, vulnerable version
- AT&T Intros Four Phones with Opera HTML Browser
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.13.742
- Steve Ballmer Trashes Chrome OS, Safari
- Adobe pushes Flash video on mobile devices
- Camino 1.6.10 Released
New month and we are back to Net Applications data, so let’s begin.
Not so surprisingly, Internet Explorer continues to lose its market share and fell from 66.97% to 65.71%.
This time Firefox has gained 0.77 point of its market share and went up from 22.98% to 23.75%. Continue Reading
- Firefox 3.6 provides easier support with about:support
- Google barks back at Microsoft over Chrome Frame security
- Contest to Redesign Google (and Unofficial Google Theme Directory)
- Opera Unite Apps are coming ever closer…
- Opera urges EU exec not to rush Microsoft case
- Browser makers complain about Microsoft’s ballot-screen fix
- Camino 2 Beta 4 adds phishing protection
- Cross Browser Compatibility Testing (shareware software)
- One web, CSS3, and HTML5 (video)
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Mabdul, Nox and Trygve Lie for links.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer SSL security hole lingers
- Electrolysis Firefox builds are now available
- Firefox Windows Theme Project (Progress Report) #4
- WebGL in Firefox Nightly Builds
- Mozilla speeds Firefox development
- Can Chrome Shake Up the Browser Market?
- Browser Wars Mobile Edition: Opera Mini 5 Beta on the Blackberry Storm
- Camino 2.0 Beta 4 Released
- Maxthon Releases Version 2.5.8 of Browser
Thanks to Nox and Shane Bundy for links.