Category: Web Browsers
- UK government pledges support for MS Internet Explorer
- Browser Speed Tests: Firefox 3.6, Chrome 4, Opera 10.5, and Extensions
- The Snoopy Google Toolbar
- Enable the Tab Preview Menu Button in Firefox 3.6
- Firefox: People in Germany Are Switching Browsers
- No matter what Apple says, you can’t get a rich web experience without Flash
- How to shorten URLs directly in Opera
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.15.2444
- Clickjacking problem in browsers persists
- Weave 1.0 now available for download
Thansk to Gala and mabdul for links.
- Why there’s no 64-bit Silverlight from Microsoft… yet
- Why Firefox is doomed
- Upgrade Firefox’s Download Manager
- Firebug 1.5 released
- How to add command line switches to Google Chrome or Chromium
- 10 Great Google Chrome Extensions
- Bing Making Way to iPhone’s Safari?
- Opera downloads in Germany doubled over the weekend
- Experiments with audio, part VI
- Skyfire For Symbian Brought Up To Speed
- Adobe Flash 10.1 allows private browsing
- Ruby Rendering in WebKit
- YouTube, Vimeo Try Out HTML 5.0 Video
- NetFront Browser v4.0
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.
- Microsoft warns of IE bug used in Chinese attacks on Google
- Microsoft: upgrade to IE8, even though it’s vulnerable
- Mozilla: No, Firefox XUL add-ons are not an endangered species
- 3 Ways to Quickly Find the Tab You Need (FireFox)
- Chrome For Mac Finally All Systems Go With Bookmark Manager
- Apple, It’s Time To Delete Safari From The iPhone
- Opera Talks: J.D. Lien
- Get An Overload of Transparency With New Z1-Glass Skin For Opera 10.5
- NetFront Browser 4.0 “Concept Version” gets released
- Microsoft’s collaboration on SVG is a win for the open Web
- Serious IE and Windows flaws left to fester
- Download Internet Explorer 8 Optimized for Xbox 360
- Next Firefox major update, “Lorentz”, could be a minor
- 40% Firefox Growth in 2009
- Undo Closed Tabs and Windows in Firefox
- Do we need extension dependencies?
- Jetpack 50-Line Code Challenge Winner is Crowne
- Mozilla Drumbeat Aims to Expand Web Participationd
- Rebuilding the Plugin Directory
- Google-HTC Prepping Chrome OS Tablet
- Chrome sets browser security standard, says expert
- Google Taps Cooliris To Enable Media Browsing On Nexus One
- Opera Magazine now online
- Opera expands mobile SDK lineup amid losses
- WebKitGTK+ hackfest improves HTML renderer for GNOME apps
- Flock 2.5.6 Now Available
- Doing more with data
Thanks a lot to Nox for links.
Well, this certainly wasn’t a big surprise. During the last month of 2009, Google Chrome (4.63% market share) became world’s 3rd most used web browser, overtaking Apple’s Safari (4.46%).
In other news, Internet Explorer market share went down from 63.62% to 62.69% (0.93 point decrease).
Firefox also lost some of the market share, going down from 24.72% to 24.61% (0.11 point decrease). Continue Reading
- Why Mozilla sucks? Fosdem 2010
- Plugins Check page: A new milestone
- Firefox for Maemo RC1 available now
- After RealPlayer, Avast & AdAware to bundle Chrome browser
- Opera plans to get back on track with 10.5
- State of the Mobile Web, November 2009
- Opera: (re-)Introducing
- Download your favorite YouTube videos with Opera
- PreBrowser Palm Pre like Web Browser for Jailbroken iPhone
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, f, Ichann and Nox for links.
- How to Speed Up Internet Explorer 8
- Help Design Firefox 4 Home Tab
- FireFox Addons vs Google Chrome Extensions
- interactive file uploads with Drag and Drop, FileAPI and XMLHttpRequest
- Multi-Process Plugins
- Chrome Ad Campaign Nets Positive Results
- Get the Most Out of Opera Mobile 10 With These Tips
- Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u Released
- Bitstream’s BOLT named best mobile browser
Thanks to Nox for links.
We would like to wish you a very happy Christmas and awesome New Year :-)
Also, we will be moving site to a new server (thanks to Lotosus.com) (so it can take 24-48 hours for your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to catch new IPs).
In case you don’t see any new posts within a week, please try to clear your DNS Cache.
To Clear/flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows. Continue Reading
Benchmark: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Firefox 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 vs. Chrome 4, 3, 2 vs. Opera 10.5, 10.1 vs. Safari 4
Yet again, it’s time to test latest web browser releases, including Opera 10.50.
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 Beta 5
Firefox 3.7 Pre-Alpha 1 Continue Reading