Category: Web Browsers
- Microsoft builds panic button into Internet Explorer 8
- Give Firefox Opera 10’s Theme
- Mozilla Developer Preview (Gecko 1.9.3a1) available for download
- Mozilla retracts Firefox add-on malware claim
- Rant: Google Translate Toolbar In Chrome 5 Needs An ‘Off’ Button
- Apple Approves ‘Replacement’ Browser for iPhone’s Safari
- Opera beta burns Chrome for top spot
- Opera Mobile 10 Tip: Add More Search Engines to Search Bar
- Adobe apologises for unpatched Flash vulnerability
- Skyfire Acquires kolbysoft To Create Browser For Android Handsets
Thanks to Mabdul for links.
The most important tool in this version is CEOP Button, which behavior is similar to web slices. Once it is clicked, youngster can report inappropriate site or even seek out for help for the given topics: cyberbullying, viruses, harmful content, hacking, mobile problems, and sexual behavior.
In addition, there is also a special search add-on, which shall filter harmful content and do not expose it to your children.
Picture Source: ArsTechnica.
- FBI’s Most Wanted: Your Browsing Activity
- The iPhone is the new Internet Explorer 6, says mobile developer
- IE8 is now the world’s top browser, says NetApps, as XP falls
- Mozilla to remove legacy Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger code in Firefox
- Fake Firefox Update Pages Push Adware
- Firefox 3.6 tips and tweaks
- Accelerate Firefox 3.6 page scrolling
- Google Translate Integrated In Google Chrome 5
- Google Might Advertise Chrome, Nexus One or Google Apps at Super Bowl
- Finally! “Find in Page” Comes to Mobile Safari
- Huawei to preinstall Opera Mobile 10 on its phones for China
- Bolt Browser gets Updated to Version 1.6 – Brings New Features
Thanks to Demir, mabdul and Sebastian for links.
Just recently, search engine giant halted older browsers support for few of their apps. Turns out, it’s only the beginning, as Google spokesman said: “We plan to stop supporting older browsers for the rest of the Google Apps suite, including Gmail, later in 2010″.
This move is slightly unexpected, as IE6 still owns 20% of browser market share. As for older browsers quote, Firefox 2.0, Safari 2.0 and Chrome 3.0 won’t be supported as well.
Microsoft Internet Explorer lost yet another chunk of market share, and went down from 62.69% to 62.12% (0.57 point decrease).
For a third time in a row, Mozilla Firefox lost more market share, as it fell from 24.61% to 24.43% (0.18 point decrease).
Yet another huge gain for Chrome web browser; moving up, from 4.63% to 5.22%, making it a 0.59 point increase.
Slowly but surely, Safari increased its market share by 0.07 point, up from 4.46% to 4.53% Continue Reading
This is it, ladies and gentlemen. The stable version of Fennec (or just Firefox Mobile) web browser for Maemo platform has been released.
As for today, it’s recommended for Nokia N900 users only, although N810 and N800 device owners can try it as well.
- UK government pledges support for MS Internet Explorer
- Browser Speed Tests: Firefox 3.6, Chrome 4, Opera 10.5, and Extensions
- The Snoopy Google Toolbar
- Enable the Tab Preview Menu Button in Firefox 3.6
- Firefox: People in Germany Are Switching Browsers
- No matter what Apple says, you can’t get a rich web experience without Flash
- How to shorten URLs directly in Opera
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.15.2444
- Clickjacking problem in browsers persists
- Weave 1.0 now available for download
Thansk to Gala and mabdul for links.
- Why there’s no 64-bit Silverlight from Microsoft… yet
- Why Firefox is doomed
- Upgrade Firefox’s Download Manager
- Firebug 1.5 released
- How to add command line switches to Google Chrome or Chromium
- 10 Great Google Chrome Extensions
- Bing Making Way to iPhone’s Safari?
- Opera downloads in Germany doubled over the weekend
- Experiments with audio, part VI
- Skyfire For Symbian Brought Up To Speed
- Adobe Flash 10.1 allows private browsing
- Ruby Rendering in WebKit
- YouTube, Vimeo Try Out HTML 5.0 Video
- NetFront Browser v4.0
Thanks to mabdul and Nox for links.
- Microsoft warns of IE bug used in Chinese attacks on Google
- Microsoft: upgrade to IE8, even though it’s vulnerable
- Mozilla: No, Firefox XUL add-ons are not an endangered species
- 3 Ways to Quickly Find the Tab You Need (FireFox)
- Chrome For Mac Finally All Systems Go With Bookmark Manager
- Apple, It’s Time To Delete Safari From The iPhone
- Opera Talks: J.D. Lien
- Get An Overload of Transparency With New Z1-Glass Skin For Opera 10.5
- NetFront Browser 4.0 “Concept Version” gets released