It appears that Opera is really pushing for Opera 10.50 Final release (more on that in the upcoming article), as Opera 10.50 RC has been just released, few days after Beta 2; and just like Beta 2, this build is Windows only release.
Besides bug fixes and continuous stabilization, release candidate received a new feature, which allows to seek through video that is not yet completelly downloaded.
Thanks to MarkG for news tip.
One more Opera 10.50 Beta has been released by Opera Software, as company continues to stabilize and improve web browser.
Earlier this week, Opera Software has revealed their Q4 2009 financial results. Some of the highlights are:
Opera Mobile: 47 new models in 2009, shipments of 4.2 million.
Opera Mini: 172 new models in 2009
Opera Desktop: Users up 37% since 4Q08 (up 11% vs3Q09)
• Revenue up 20% (up 37% on constant currency basis)
• Successful launch of Opera 10 and 10.10
• Users up 125% since 4Q07 to approximately 46 million in December 2009 Continue Reading
- Europeans Get a Taste of the Browser Choice Screen
- Firefox 3.5.8 and 3.0.18 security updates now available
- Firefox for Android coming ‘late this year’
- Setup Reminders in Firefox
- Vote for your favorite Concepts in the Home Tab Design Challenge
- 4 FireFox Addons to Give You Website Statistics at a Glance
- Mozilla admits to add-on malware false alarm
- Google Officially Deadpools Gears For Safari. Puts It On Death Watch For Firefox And IE
- Improve YouTube Video Viewing in Google Chrome
- Google fixes vulnerabilities in Chrome 4 for Windows
- The Opera Widgets Code-to-win Challenge
- MWC: Hands-on video with the Opera Mobile browser for Android
- BBC want your browser ballot views
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, mabdul and Nox for links.
- Microsoft builds panic button into Internet Explorer 8
- Give Firefox Opera 10’s Theme
- Mozilla Developer Preview (Gecko 1.9.3a1) available for download
- Mozilla retracts Firefox add-on malware claim
- Rant: Google Translate Toolbar In Chrome 5 Needs An ‘Off’ Button
- Apple Approves ‘Replacement’ Browser for iPhone’s Safari
- Opera beta burns Chrome for top spot
- Opera Mobile 10 Tip: Add More Search Engines to Search Bar
- Adobe apologises for unpatched Flash vulnerability
- Skyfire Acquires kolbysoft To Create Browser For Android Handsets
Thanks to Mabdul for links.
According to Norwegian news page digi.no, due to growing interest in Opera Mini for the iPhone, Apple has called Opera Software to discuss about the possible partnership between these two companies.
Although no more details were revealed, Håkon Wium Lie (Opera’s Chief Technology Officer) feels confident, that Opera Mini will be approved.
When asked about the possible pricing, he said: We have not decided yet. Typically, the way that you download and use Opera for free (*translated*).