- Microsoft’s collaboration on SVG is a win for the open Web
- Serious IE and Windows flaws left to fester
- Download Internet Explorer 8 Optimized for Xbox 360
- Next Firefox major update, “Lorentz”, could be a minor
- 40% Firefox Growth in 2009
- Undo Closed Tabs and Windows in Firefox
- Do we need extension dependencies?
- Jetpack 50-Line Code Challenge Winner is Crowne
- Mozilla Drumbeat Aims to Expand Web Participationd
- Rebuilding the Plugin Directory
- Google-HTC Prepping Chrome OS Tablet
- Chrome sets browser security standard, says expert
- Google Taps Cooliris To Enable Media Browsing On Nexus One
- Opera Magazine now online
- Opera expands mobile SDK lineup amid losses
- WebKitGTK+ hackfest improves HTML renderer for GNOME apps
- Flock 2.5.6 Now Available
- Doing more with data
Thanks a lot to Nox for links.
Well, this certainly wasn’t a big surprise. During the last month of 2009, Google Chrome (4.63% market share) became world’s 3rd most used web browser, overtaking Apple’s Safari (4.46%).
In other news, Internet Explorer market share went down from 63.62% to 62.69% (0.93 point decrease).
Firefox also lost some of the market share, going down from 24.72% to 24.61% (0.11 point decrease). Continue Reading
- Why Mozilla sucks? Fosdem 2010
- Plugins Check page: A new milestone
- Firefox for Maemo RC1 available now
- After RealPlayer, Avast & AdAware to bundle Chrome browser
- Opera plans to get back on track with 10.5
- State of the Mobile Web, November 2009
- Opera: (re-)Introducing
- Download your favorite YouTube videos with Opera
- PreBrowser Palm Pre like Web Browser for Jailbroken iPhone
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, f, Ichann and Nox for links.
- How to Speed Up Internet Explorer 8
- Help Design Firefox 4 Home Tab
- FireFox Addons vs Google Chrome Extensions
- interactive file uploads with Drag and Drop, FileAPI and XMLHttpRequest
- Multi-Process Plugins
- Chrome Ad Campaign Nets Positive Results
- Get the Most Out of Opera Mobile 10 With These Tips
- Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u Released
- Bitstream’s BOLT named best mobile browser
Thanks to Nox for links.
Here is a quick way on how you can disable Windows 7 Aero Peek for Opera 10.5 web browser.
Right click on opera.exe
Properties > Compatibility, check “Run this program in compatibility mode” and select Windows Vista SP.
You can now type the following text in the address bar:
Uncheck highlighted setting.
Thanks to Rafael Luik for that!
We would like to wish you a very happy Christmas and awesome New Year :-)
Also, we will be moving site to a new server (thanks to Lotosus.com) (so it can take 24-48 hours for your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to catch new IPs).
In case you don’t see any new posts within a week, please try to clear your DNS Cache.
To Clear/flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows. Continue Reading
Benchmark: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Firefox 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 vs. Chrome 4, 3, 2 vs. Opera 10.5, 10.1 vs. Safari 4
Yet again, it’s time to test latest web browser releases, including Opera 10.50.
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 Beta 5
Firefox 3.7 Pre-Alpha 1 Continue Reading
- Bugs and Fixes: Zero-Day Patch for Internet Explorer 6 or 7
- Mozilla exec: Bing is not popular enough for Firefox
- Mozilla thinks mobile Firefox will kill app stores
- Firefox 3.5 is Now the World’s Most Popular Browser
- Jetpack goes mobile
- Firefox, Adobe top buggiest-software list
- Firebug may slow down Firefox
- Congrats Mobile Add-on Challenge Winners
- Five Ways to Cover Firefox in Chrome
- Give the Gift of Google Chrome this Christmas
- Chrome Drops Safari Into Fourth Place Among Browsers
- Native JSON support in Opera
- Opera Mini 5 beta 2 now available in 26 languages
- European Commission and Microsoft Elect To Include Flock In Browser Ballot Screen
- Browser Ballot Screen: Maxthon to be included as well
Thanks to Nox for links!