Guys from SecureThoughts.com decided to do a research on Opera Unite security and share some insights.
1. Enumerating Service Owner Usernames
Use: site:operaunite.com search query in search engine to build a list.
2. Enumerating Computer names for a particular Service Owner
“If you visit the service homepage with any non-existent computer name, then Opera Unite happily discloses all computer names used by that person.” Continue Reading
While waiting for Opera 10.10 Final release, Daniel Hendrycks has noticed a very first Opera 10.0x update, which is already uploaded to Opera Software servers. Although there are no official announcements yet, you can already download it from their website.
Opera 10.01 fixes a total of 3 security issues, also, various interface, mail, news and other issues.
- Microsoft criticises privacy in Chrome 3.0
- Firefox is Coming to Android
- Mozilla Add-ons now featuring personas
- Introducing Mozilla Raindrop
- Google Chrome Themes Video Uses Some YouTube Magic To Make A Lasting Impression
- Opera Mini Now Serving Over 500 Million Pageviews Per Day
- WebGL Now Available in WebKit Nightlies
- Browser Developer Releases Final Version of Maxthon 2.5.9
Thanks to Nox for links.
Opera will be giving away gift certificates every week (with the value of a Nintendo Wii or mobile phone) for the best Opera Unite application developer.
Prizes will be given away every Monday and deadline is Friday morning, 10 AM CET.
“The numbers tell us that Opera Turbo solves critical bandwidth issues. People everywhere experience either slow, congested networks or must pay as they go for Web access. It is an issue that affects everyone, from the business traveler to the Internet café user. Opera Turbo has become universally useful,” said Opera’s CEO, Jon von Tetzchner.
- Majority of businesses will adopt Internet Explorer 8+
- Silent Install Firefox Plugin Backfires on Microsoft
- Apple gets best spot in EU browser ‘ballot screen,’ Mozilla says
- Mozilla blocklists “Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant” extension
- Leaked ‘Google Chrome OS’ Is Just the Browser
- Opera Desktop Widgets evolved
- Opera Talks: David Storey (SVG, HTML5 and Opera)
- CSS Differences in Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8
- SeaMonkey 2.0 Release Candidate 1 Released
Thanks to Andrew, Daniel Hendrycks, Gabana and Nox for links!
First Opera 10.10 Beta has been just released and can be downloaded from the following page.
This release now includes Opera Unite platform with applications such as: Media Player, File Sharing, Photo Sharing and more. Also, experimental crash feedback and various bug fixes.
As changelog is not yet released, we are not aware of any other new features.
On the other hand, BetaNews reports that Opera 10.10 is actually slower is some areas than its predecessor.
Opera 10 Beta 1 tended to post slower rendering times than the stable version, with the exception being a slightly faster rendering score in XP.
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks for tip.
Update: Changelog is here!
- IE 6 for Windows phones: Interface improved
- Mozilla Weave 0.7 Released
- Mozilla ‘Plugin Check’ keeps Firefox add-ons secure
- Google Chrome Is Exceeding Internal Benchmarks for Adoption
- Forged PayPal certificate fools IE, Chrome and Safari
- Opera Mini Server Upgrade to 4.13.756
- Opera CEO says market trends to boost firm
- Personal Web Systems Lands $1.2 Million for TV Web Browser
Thanks to mabdul for links.
Microsoft and European Commission have finally come to an agreement on a new ballot screen with a total of 12 web browsers. Updated version includes a couple of changes and treaty for as long as 5 years. Testers will be able to test new screen with the following modifications: Continue Reading