- Why Mozilla sucks? Fosdem 2010
- Plugins Check page: A new milestone
- Firefox for Maemo RC1 available now
- After RealPlayer, Avast & AdAware to bundle Chrome browser
- Opera plans to get back on track with 10.5
- State of the Mobile Web, November 2009
- Opera: (re-)Introducing
- Download your favorite YouTube videos with Opera
- PreBrowser Palm Pre like Web Browser for Jailbroken iPhone
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, f, Ichann and Nox for links.
- How to Speed Up Internet Explorer 8
- Help Design Firefox 4 Home Tab
- FireFox Addons vs Google Chrome Extensions
- interactive file uploads with Drag and Drop, FileAPI and XMLHttpRequest
- Multi-Process Plugins
- Chrome Ad Campaign Nets Positive Results
- Get the Most Out of Opera Mobile 10 With These Tips
- Opera Mobile 10 Beta 2u Released
- Bitstream’s BOLT named best mobile browser
Thanks to Nox for links.
Here is a quick way on how you can disable Windows 7 Aero Peek for Opera 10.5 web browser.
Right click on opera.exe
Properties > Compatibility, check “Run this program in compatibility mode” and select Windows Vista SP.
You can now type the following text in the address bar:
Uncheck highlighted setting.
Thanks to Rafael Luik for that!
We would like to wish you a very happy Christmas and awesome New Year :-)
Also, we will be moving site to a new server (thanks to Lotosus.com) (so it can take 24-48 hours for your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to catch new IPs).
In case you don’t see any new posts within a week, please try to clear your DNS Cache.
To Clear/flush DNS cache in Microsoft Windows. Continue Reading
Benchmark: Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) vs. Firefox 3.7, 3.6, 3.5 vs. Chrome 4, 3, 2 vs. Opera 10.5, 10.1 vs. Safari 4
Yet again, it’s time to test latest web browser releases, including Opera 10.50.
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 Beta 5
Firefox 3.7 Pre-Alpha 1 Continue Reading
- Bugs and Fixes: Zero-Day Patch for Internet Explorer 6 or 7
- Mozilla exec: Bing is not popular enough for Firefox
- Mozilla thinks mobile Firefox will kill app stores
- Firefox 3.5 is Now the World’s Most Popular Browser
- Jetpack goes mobile
- Firefox, Adobe top buggiest-software list
- Firebug may slow down Firefox
- Congrats Mobile Add-on Challenge Winners
- Five Ways to Cover Firefox in Chrome
- Give the Gift of Google Chrome this Christmas
- Chrome Drops Safari Into Fourth Place Among Browsers
- Native JSON support in Opera
- Opera Mini 5 beta 2 now available in 26 languages
- European Commission and Microsoft Elect To Include Flock In Browser Ballot Screen
- Browser Ballot Screen: Maxthon to be included as well
Thanks to Nox for links!
Our reader Somebody has come across a DownloadSquad post about presumably leaked Opera 10.50 pre-alpha build.
Windows 7 integration
… and improved user interface
One of Opera employers confirmed via Twitter that Opera 10.50 will be using Presto 2.5 instead of 2.3 or Rumored 2.4.
“@Malarkey, sorry, but there will be no Presto 2.3 inside. Only 2.5. I’m not kidding ;)”
David Storey also said:
“Its not using Presto 2.3. It is using something quite a bit newer.”
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks and somebody for links.
Today, Opera Software has announced, that on December 22nd, they will release a pre-alpha version of Opera 10.50.
Although no details were revealed, expect speed, that’s what was said: “We don’t want to say too much and ruin the gift, but expect speed.”
What is Carakan?
What is Presto 2.4?
Presto is Opera’s new layout engine, which is still under development but already used by Opera Mobile 10.