- May, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Opera – Down
- Internet Explorer 10 Screenshots And Video
- Google To Discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 Support
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- China Web Boycott
- Download Opera 11.50 Beta
If dropping the 10 year old web browser support was not enough, IE6 that is, starting from August 1st, Google plans to discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 web browsers support.
According to the official blog post, company will only support current and prior major releases of the web browsers.
We are pretty excited about the change as there is little to no reason not to upgrade your web browser.
No word about Opera yet.
It’s getting hot out there as the first month of summer starts and it’s time to yet again, report the top 5 web browsers market share numbers.
Internet Explorer moves closer and closer to the 50% share mark, this time it went down by 0.84 point, from 55.11% to 54.27%.
After previous month’s drop, this time Firefox has recovered some of its market share and went up by 0.08 point, from 21.63% to 21.71%.
- Internet Explorer Crash (Picture)
- Internet Explorer 9 On Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Cookie Hijacking Vulnerability In Internet Explorer
- View YouTube 3D Videos With Firefox And GeForce
- Download Firefox 5 Beta
- Firefox Gets about:permissions For More Privacy Control
- Google And Mozilla Start Debate Over Address Bar
- First Chrome OS Desktop PC To Ship In July
- Offline Support For Gmail In Chrome Stops Today
- Google Chrome 13 Can Hide The URL Bar
- Google Chrome: Lady Gaga
- Download Opera Mini 6 For iPhone And iPad
Soundtrack not included.
The latest and greatest version of the Opera Mini web browser for the Apple devices has been just released and can be downloaded via iTunes.
As you might have noticed from the video above, Opera Mini 6 includes a new skin and redesigned menus that should improve the user experience.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?
According to TNW, Internet Explorer is the only modern web browser (Opera was not tested due to temporary issue with the test page) that is not affected by the recently found memory leak.
Once the site is back online, users can reproduce the bug by following these steps:
Earlier this year, RAGE, the upcoming 3rd person shooter from the id Software (set for September release) has received an iOS version of the game.
Although the release of Opera 11.11 has not yet been announced, it’s already available on the public Opera servers.
So, while you wait for the official changelog and further details, feel free to download it from here.
Update: it’s now official. Opera 11.11 includes user interface, display, scripting, mail and other fixes. For a complete list of changes, visit the following link.