Author Archive: Vygantas
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.
The social web browser has received a pleasant and long awaited upgrade which is a must have for all Flock users. The following release includes few new features such as: FlockCast and Facebook chat as well as various enchantments.
Flock team has also made a couple of videos to demonstrate these improvements.
A new update for Chrome web browser has been released some time ago. The following release fixes a startup crash which happened to some of the users.
It’s always recommended to update your web browser to the latest stable release, be sure to do that.
Thanks to Mabdul for sending this.
As it’s quite common to tweak/update software icon with every major release (Windows, Adobe Products, Internet Explorer and many more), Mozilla decided to do the same with its upcoming Firefox 3.5 release.
While earlier this month, the following logo version was proposed: Continue Reading
- WordPress users may want to avoid Microsoft’s new Internet Explorer 8
- Look out IE, Firefox, Chrome is getting much better
- Windows 7 gives Firefox 3, IE8 speed boosts, while Firefox 3.5 slows down
- Mozilla marks June for Firefox 3.5 release candidate
- Firefox Mobile (Fennec) Alpha Up for Windows Mobile Testing
- Google’s Chrome was ‘hackable’ at Pwn2Own contest
- Chrome-on-Mac precursor rough but workable
- Opera Employee Blogging Policies
- Your browser talks too much: How surfers can protect private info
Microsoft Corp. has released Internet Explorer 8 Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packs for Windows XP SP2, Windows XP SP3, and Windows Server 2003 SP2.
MUI packs are available in the following languages:
Windows XP x86 and Windows Server 2003 x86:
Arabic, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Hong Kong), Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Bulgarian, Croatian, Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Romanian, Slovenian, Slovakian, Thai Continue Reading
Here is handy tool for anyone who is downloading files using Opera web browser and would like PC to shutdown/hibernate automatically, once all downloads are finished.
Opera Shutdown does what it was designed to do. Once transfers are finished, the following message will appear: Continue Reading
Despite the fact that it gives you an “unsupported browser” error message when trying to download it, ignore that. Just download and install, it will work (there are issues though).
Joe Stegman however, listed a few of them which you might want to consider before installing it:
1. The MS AJAX issue.
2. Silverlight does not work in Opera when using windowless mode (
). This will show a blank page with the Opera status area saying “Click to activate and use this control”. This is being investigated by the Silverlight team and has also been reported to the Opera development team. The only work-around is to not use windowless mode.
3. The Silverlight TextBox cannot receive focus (and therefore you cannot select/change text in the TextBox). There is no current workaround to this issue.
- Should Microsoft even bother with Internet Explorer 9?
- Why Firefox Is My Preferred Browser
- 10 handy Firefox about:config hacks
- Mozilla ‘Prism’ Brings Web Apps to Desktop
- Safari, Opera Users Lag Behind in Security Updates
- Are Mobile Web Browsers Even Necessary?
- Mach5 Windows Mobile web browser gives Skyfire some competition