It’s that day of the month again, when we check and let you know, which web browser is becoming more and/or less popular. So let’s begin.
Not surprisingly, Internet Explorer lost more market share and went down from 65.71% to 64.64% (1.07 point decrease).
Celebrating its 5th birthday, Firefox market share went up from 23.75% to 24.07% (0.32 point increase). Continue Reading
November 9, 2004, that’s when Firefox 1.0 was released. Today, 5 years later, with over 330 million users and a big chunk of market share, Firefox is celebrating its 5th birthday.
- Microsoft Issues Bug Fix For Recent Internet Explorer Update
- Firefox Now The Most Vulnerable Browser?
- Mozilla aborted IE in Firefox clothing, Google we’re not
- Expand shortened web addresses in Firefox
- Google closes vulnerabilities in Chrome 3
- Opera could be headed for the iPhone
- Bug in Safari browser in iPhone has surfaced
Thanks to mabdul for links.
It seems that press is picking up a story about Google’s Chrome users count. What they fail to realize is the fact that browser had 30 million active users more than 4 months ago.
“It’s been an exciting nine months since we launched the Google Chrome browser. Already, over 30 million people use it regularly.”
Posted on 7/07/2009.
So, no, Chrome does not have 30 million users, it has over 40 million of them.
July, 2009 – 2.59% – 30 million users reported
October, 2009 – 3.58% – ~38% increase = 41 million + users.
The latest beta release of Google Chrome 4 has received a bookmark sync feature. Now you will be able to synchronize bookmarks across multiple computers.
In addition, this release performs 30% faster than it’s predecessor (Google Chrome 3) in Mozilla’s Dromeao DOM Core Tests.
Here’s what I have received, after clicking on a link from RSS feed.
As you can see, some countries are being blocked from accessing certain pages OR could be just a temporary issue/bug.
EDIT: Upon closer investigation, it appears that instead of regular link, it lead to a Chinese Opera site, which caused this issue.
- Light the World with Firefox
- 3+ Awesome Ways to Make Sense of FireFox Tabs
- Beware the Fake Google Chrome OS Download
- Google sued for Courgette updates for Chrome web browser
- Opera Unite: Application of the Week
- Browser speed comparison – HTC HD2 vs Acer neoTouch vs iPhone 3GS
- Camino 2 Release Candidate Available for Download
- Flock Releases Spanish Language Web Browser
Thanks to Nox for links.