Category: Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer 8 optimized for eBay
- Firefox 3.5 is fast, but still behind Chrome and Safari
- Eight Firefox extensions for the Twitter fanatic
- Sneak Peek: What’s On Tap for Firefox in 2010
- Google move paves way for Firefox on Android
- Developer Tools for Google Chrome
- Bolt Mobile Browser Celebrates Milestone
It seems that everyone is testing web browsers this week.
While some sites are posting usual SunSpider results, Codexon has decided to run something closer to the “real life situations”.
As a result, he loaded 10 web sites and calculated load time.
Baidu.com – Chinese Google
Blogger.com – Popular blogsite Continue Reading
PC Games Hardware tested the speed of the internet browsers Internet Explorer 6, 7 and 8, Mozilla Firefox 2.0, 3.0.11 and 3.5b99, Opera 9.6 and 10, Safari 3.1.1 and 4.0, Chrome 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 with the benchmarks Peacekeeper and Sunspider and checked them with the Acid tests as well.
Google has released an update for Google Chrome web browser which fixes a critical security issue and few networking bugs.
- CVE-2009-2121: Buffer overflow processing HTTP responses
Google Chrome is vulnerable to a buffer overflow in handling certain responses from HTTP servers. A specially crafted response from a server could crash the browser and possibly allow an attacker to run arbitrary code.
- NTLM authentication to Squid proxies fails when trying to connect to HTTPS sites
- Browser crash when loading some HTTPS sites
An analysis done by Microsoft between Google Chrome 2.0, Firefox 3.0 and Internet Explorer 8 shows that IE8 wins in 7 out of 10 categories, while 3 are draw.
So let’s analyze the categories. Continue Reading
Sam Allen from DotNetPerls.com has tested the most recent web browser versions to find out, which one of them consumes the most and least memory.
Usign script help, he has loaded 150 the most popular sites as per Alexa.com and monitored results.
Results: Continue Reading
It’s that time of the month again: web browser performance and benchmark results. This time it’s going to be a little bit different. The graph you are about to see is from Peacekeeper benchmark site and as James Gallagher explained to us: this chart is made from averaging results from thousands of PC with the three CPUs listed.
Safari 4 Beta
Safari 4 Final
Chrome 126.96.36.199 Beta Continue Reading