Category: Google Chrome
According to ArsTechnica, Microsoft does not recommend IE users installing Google Chrome Frame plugin due to security issues.
One of the Microsoft spokesperson said:
“Given the security issues with plugins in general and Google Chrome in particular, Google Chrome Frame running as a plugin has doubled the attach area for malware and malicious scripts. This is not a risk we would recommend our friends and families take.”
In an effort to help developers build rich web apps, Google has released a plug-in for Internet Explorer.
Here’s what Google says about it:
Start using open web technologies – like the HTML5 canvas tag – right away, even technologies that aren’t yet supported in Internet Explorer 6, 7, or 8.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer SSL security hole lingers
- Electrolysis Firefox builds are now available
- Firefox Windows Theme Project (Progress Report) #4
- WebGL in Firefox Nightly Builds
- Mozilla speeds Firefox development
- Can Chrome Shake Up the Browser Market?
- Browser Wars Mobile Edition: Opera Mini 5 Beta on the Blackberry Storm
- Camino 2.0 Beta 4 Released
- Maxthon Releases Version 2.5.8 of Browser
Thanks to Nox and Shane Bundy for links.
Just a year ago, Google had released the very first build of Chrome web browser which already has ~3.5% market share worldwide.
During the Chrome 3 stable release for PCs, Google Product Management VP Sundar Pichai has confirmed that the Mac version of Chrome should be ready by the end of this year.
Also, Google Chrome Engineering Director Linus Upson said:
“If at the two-year birthday we’re not at least 5 percent (market share), I will be exceptionally disappointed. And if at the three year birthday we’re not at 10 percent, I will be exceptionally disappointed,”
Google today announced the availability of new stable Chrome release tagged as version 126.96.36.199.
- Install Internet Explorer on Linux with IEs4Linux
- Firefox adds Flash plug-in update protection
- Google Chrome Gets FTP, Extensions Tweaks
- 6 Unique Features That Make Opera 10 Stand Out
- Security Flaw Found in Safari for Windows
- WebKit adding support for GPU-accelerated 3D via WebGL
- 14 portable web browsers for Windows
- Maxthon 2.5.7 Released
- Mozilla’s Fennec Alpha 3 For Windows Mobile Is Out
Now here is something completely different. Guys at AnandTech has decided to find out, how web browser affects battery life.
They have tested the following web browsers:
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox + AdBlock
Opera 10 Beta 3
Safari 4 Continue Reading
Good news, as of September 9th, all the upcoming Google Chrome dev builds will have extensions support enabled by default.
In previous releases, it was possible to use Chrome extensions, however, it required additional changes as it was disabled by default.
Although there aren’t lots of extensions yet, it should quickly change as Google prepares stable release with the following feature turned on.