Category: Google Chrome
If you would like to support your favorite web browser by voting at cNET Webware 100, feel free to do that now.
Poll includes the following browsers: Camino, Firefox, Flock, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 8, Lunascape, Maxthon, Opera, Safari, Skyfire and WebKit.
- 10 IE Browser Settings for Safer Surfing
- 5 ways to power up Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Crawling All Over IE 8 Bugs
- Internet Explorer 8: Why make the leap?
- eBay launches bespoke version of IE8
- Find the right Firefox add-ons
- Safari hacker talks security
- The genius behind Google’s web browser
- Opera seeks dominance in world of widgets
- Opera Still Cooking With CSS3 On the Way
Now this is something new. According to NSSLabs, over 50% of malware infections occur via internet download. In the recent study they have tested 6 most popular web browsers to see how well they protect surfer against web based malware.
Effectiveness results (more is better)
Internet Explorer 8 (RC1) – 69%
Firefox 3.07 – 30% Continue Reading
In the recent ReadWriteWeb interview, Richard MacManus spoke with Mozilla’s Chris Beard on Firefox vision, its mobile web browser Fennec and Google Chrome.
You may read the article here.
However, Chrome Wndows build was 2x faster than Chromium pre-alpha for Linux. Continue Reading
Here is some great news from Google Chrome team. The latest Chrome beta release was just released and it’s 25% faster on V8 benchmark and 35% faster on SunSpider.
Of course, it also includes some of the new features, for example: form autofill, full page zoom, autoscroll and drag tabs (see video and benchmark results below).