Category: Google Chrome
By more than just a few requests, we are going to try something new this month, which is StatCounter instead of Net Applications. Let’s begin, shall we?
Internet Explorer continues its saga to the bottom, this time its market share fell by 1.46, from 62.09% to 60.6%
Firefox is likely to pass 30% mark this month. As for June, its market share increased by 0.93, from 28.75% to 29.68% Continue Reading
Understanding the importance of extensions/add-ons, Google Chrome team did their job and finally released first developer builds, which adds an early alpha feature to support them. Geek Technica reports 4 Chrome extensions:
1. Cleeki: IE8 Accelerators for Google Chrome. “Cleeki can capture keyword(s) anywhere on a screen with as simple as one click, search it on the Internet, and preview the results immediately.”
It looks like Google Chrome team isn’t going to stop any time soon. Yesterday they have announced a very first 3.0.x branch release: 18.104.22.168.
The following version introduces a support of video tag, auto spell correct (which will fix common typos, such as: teh – the, etc.) as well as UI tweaks and crash fixes.
The font in the browser’s user interface is very small in most non-English languages.
Thanks to djix for sending this.
- Will Explorer bridge the Firefox and Safari divide?
- Is Firefox getting worse instead of better?
- Imagine, a ‘Firefox 4′ without browser tabs
- 7 FireFox About:Config Tweaks for Internet Marketers and Bloggers
- Safari Is Fat Hog That Spies on You — P0rn Mode Doesn’t Work
- Still No Chrome For Linux?
- Opera: Single-minded about widget development
- Opera Software aims to stay independent
Also, the following version now supports autofill, full screen mode (F11) and an useful feature to remove thumbnails from the new tab page. In addition, since the Chrome launch, they have fixed over 300 bugs which were causing crashes. Continue Reading
WolframAlpha has been getting a lot of buzz recently from all over the internet (no, it’s not a web search engine), so why not post about it here?
If you haven’t heard about it yet, it’s basically a “knowledge engine” with lots of valuable data. For instance: by typing “microsoft apple” you will see its stock price, dividend information, average returns and more:
Earth, Saturn, Sun results Continue Reading
A new update for Chrome web browser has been released some time ago. The following release fixes a startup crash which happened to some of the users.
It’s always recommended to update your web browser to the latest stable release, be sure to do that.
Thanks to Mabdul for sending this.
- WordPress users may want to avoid Microsoft’s new Internet Explorer 8
- Look out IE, Firefox, Chrome is getting much better
- Windows 7 gives Firefox 3, IE8 speed boosts, while Firefox 3.5 slows down
- Mozilla marks June for Firefox 3.5 release candidate
- Firefox Mobile (Fennec) Alpha Up for Windows Mobile Testing
- Google’s Chrome was ‘hackable’ at Pwn2Own contest
- Chrome-on-Mac precursor rough but workable
- Opera Employee Blogging Policies
- Your browser talks too much: How surfers can protect private info