Makes life easier for the browser programmers.
Earlier this week, Ian Hickson, author of the Acid3 test has informed community about the update. According to the source, specific implementation checks of features have been disabled as they are likely to be heavily modified in the future or completely removed.
As a result, Firefox 6 and Internet Explorer 9 web browsers now achieves a perfect 100/100 score.
[Thanks, Blake, RamaSubbu SK]
[Thanks, Rafael Luik]
Mike Shaver, the founding member of Mozilla in 1998, has decided to leave everyone’s beloved organization.
As far as the future holds, Mike has not yet though about that, as he wrote: “I haven’t yet decided what’s next, though I have some exciting opportunities to explore. I am still truly, madly, deeply in love with Mozilla and the web it is building, and grateful for the opportunities that it’s created for me,”
Today, Opera Software has announced the acquisition of Handster, an independent Android content library, which also offers developer tools, services to mobile operators as well as device manufacturers and other app stores.
According to the press release, Handster supports a variety of platforms, including: Google Android, Java, Symbian, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, netbook, tablet applications and has customers from such device manufacturers as MTS, Alcatel-Lucent, Ericsson, Huawei and LG.
- IE: Site Ready WebSockets
- How to suspend individual tabs in Chrome or Firefox
- Microsoft Windows 8 beats Google Chrome OS
- Google Chrome Surpasses 100,000 Revisions
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera Mobile: Android 11.1 update 2 ready for download
- Get Word Definitions Right in Safari with Tap Dictionary
- Dolphin Web Browser Improves the iPad Experience
A demo of Microsoft’s Windows 8 and the new Internet Explorer 10 using Metro UI.
Developers, developers, developers.
The following update brings two new features (see below) and over 20 security related fixes:
- Web Audio API, enabling developers to use cool sound effects for their applications or games.
- Native Client, an open source technology, which allows C and C++ code execution inside the web browser.
The newest version of Maxthon has been released! Find below some of the new features and improvements that come with this update:
- Supported importing favorites from Chrome and Firefox.
- Supported skin developers customizing drop-down list of Address Bar.
- Increased the startup speed and the fluency of page viewing.
Enhanced the logic of data syncing.
- Supported HTML 5 feature: drag & drop to upload files in Skydrive and add attachments in Gmail.
Increased Webkit startup speed.
Added interface customization menu which supported customizing Tool Bar/Side Bar buttons and the browser’s interface.
- Optimized CPU usage in Ultra Mode.
- Increased the favorites menu first time popup speed.