Here comes an early Christmas present for all the Opera users, as Norwegian browser maker has just released the final version of Opera 11.60 for you to download.
What’s new, you may ask? While it adds additional web standards support and fixes few bugs here and there, the most noticeable change in Opera 11.60 is a new mail reader, which is significantly improved when compared to previous versions of Opera.
As far as other changes go, the address bar has received a star icon that can be used to add your favorite web pages to speed dial or bookmarks folder.
Unfortunately, Opera 11.60 address bar still does not display web site favicons, requiring you to read the URL itself instead on relying on pictures, which is the opposite of a friendly UI.
Opera 11.60 Final Changelog
- Two-lined message list: Opera Mail will now default to “list on the left, message on the right”, with the newest message on top, and showing message threads.
- Mail grouping: Opera will automatically group messages by date. You can also group them by unread status, by pinned status, or not at all.
- Cleaned up look: The mail toolbars are simplified, and icons have been redesigned.
- New settings dialogs: The “View” dropdown menu with all its sub-menus has been replaced by an overlay dialog that can be reached by clicking the “wrench” button.
- Pinning: You can now “pin” messages with one click in the message list or in the message headers, to mark a message for attention. This pinning is mapped to the IMAP \Flagged feature, so it corresponds to “starring” and “flagging” in other IMAP clients, and with Gmail’s starred messages.
For a complete list of changes, see the following page.
[Thanks, RamaSubbu SK]
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.