Author Archive: Vygantas
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.
- Before Netscape: the forgotten Web browsers of the early 1990s
- Building Rich Text-Centric Pages in IE10
- IE10 HTML5 Video Captioning
- SVG Filter Effects in IE10
- Firefox for Android changes UI code
- Noscript Firefox security extension goes mobile
- How to show the full URL in Firefox
- Google Chrome Beta Channel Update
- Google Chrome Dev Channel Update
- Opera: There is nothing more hypocritical
- It’s a bird, it’s a plane – it’s 3D Opera Man
- Useful Eyedroppers (Color Pickers) For Designers – Best Of
- HTML5 Facebook for mobile goes live
Brings data usage reports and other goodies.
Opera Software, the Norwegian browser maker, has recently released an update for both Opera Mini and Opera Mobile web browsers.
According to the company report, Android only updates now include a “Data Usage” view, which (when Opera Turbo, a web page compression technology, is enabled) allows users to see their bandwidth savings.
Says Internet Explorer is superior.
Here comes another marketing round from Microsoft, as it has launched a YourBrowserMatters.org web site, designed to inform everyday consumer (who rarely visits such pages anyway) about the dangers of the Internet.
Basically, it goes like this:
During my Chinese web browser “Maxthon 3.1 Beta”, review (which is yet to come), I saw an innocent looking button, which suggested me to download some themes, little did I know that this would turn into a nightmare…
The story goes like this… I click on the button to check some themes and strange thing happens: it redirects me to a forum. No problem, I thought, it’s just a Beta, maybe there are no official skins yet.
With the release of Opera 12, users can now enjoy search suggestions. However, if you are one of those people (myself included) who are not particularly happy about this change, here is a simple solution to disable already mentioned functionality:
- Type opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowSearchesInAddressfieldAutocompletion in the address bar.
- Uncheck the “Show Searches In Addressfield Autocompletion” checkbox.
- Reward yourself with a cookie, job well done.
Now here is something to help you pass the time. Emberwind, the arcade title made by Indie developers, has been ported to HTML5 by Opera Software for your (and their own) enjoyment.
Don’t worry, it’s not as boring as some “playable” tech demos, check it out.
This is it folks, the alpha version of Opera 12 has been just released, bringing performance improvements and other goodies.
According to the official report, Opera 12 includes hardware acceleration support, which currently uses OpenGL backend. However, DirectX support is coming as well.
Here comes the October cumulative security update for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer 9 web browser, bringing a total of 8 fixes.
If you already have Windows Automatic Update enabled, there is no further action required from your end.