What else is new? In addition to the eliminated animations for themes, Firefox 18 also includes tab switchin performance improvements, a support for Retina Display on OS X 10.7, initial support for WebRTC and a new HTML scaling algorithm, which is set to improve the overall image quality.
Firefox 18 Final Changelog
– Support for Retina Display on OS X 10.7 and up
– Preliminary support for WebRTC
– Experience better image quality with our new HTML scaling algorithm
– Performance improvements around tab switching
– Support for new DOM property window.devicePixelRatio
– Improvement in startup time through smart handling of signed extension certificates
– Support for W3C touch events implemented, taking the place of MozTouch events
– Disable insecure content loading on HTTPS pages
– Improved responsiveness for users on proxies
Firefox 18 Final
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.