Author Archive: Vygantas
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.
Stephen Shankland has spotted new Google Chrome ads on YouTube and Facebook.
Instead of displaying Chrome ads just on the right side of page, Google has decided to promote it during video playback as well.
On Facebook, Google Chrome appears on Boggle-like Scramble game. Continue Reading
According to TheRegister.co.uk, the European Commission may force PC users to choose between Microsoft’s Internet Explorer and other browsers when they set up a new machine.
Shareholders were also warned about a “significant” (probably more than 1 billion) fine by EU. I guess that money will fill up some holes in EU budget, especially during recession.
Microsoft also said that such a ruling might require that OEMs distribute browsers from the company’s rivals along with IE on new PCs.
Also, Microsoft might be required to disable “certain unspecified Internet Explorer software code” if the user chooses a competing browser.
I wonder how many web browsers there will be. 4 most popular or hundreds of them to avoid law suits from other web browser makers….
As expected, yesterday Microsoft has released the first release candidate of Internet Explorer 8.
The following build focuses on features polishing, web standards support and various improvements.
The changes between Beta 2 and RC1 are: Continue Reading
Here is a quick solution in case you are experiencing the same issue as I did today.
When using div with position:relative, it becomes fixed during window resize in the Internet Explorer.
There is an easy fix. Just add position:relative to css body element and you’re done.
- EU could force Microsoft to bundle Firefox with Windows
- Microsoft faces new EC charges; IBM could be next
- EU To Microsoft: For the Last Time, Stop Bundling IE With Windows
- What’s new in Internet Explorer 8
- How secure is Google Chrome?
- Internet Users Change From Popular Web Browsers To Google Chrome!
- Firefox Web Browser Advisory Urges Mozilla Upgrade
When browsing through your Firefox profile folder, you might see a lot of odd files. Some might make sense, such as your searchplugins folder, however others might seem a little odd.
Here are some of the important files you might seen in your profile folder and what they are used for. Continue Reading
TechFlash has published an interview with Opera’s CEO, Jon von Tetzchner on antitrust battle against Internet Explorer.
- Mozilla Updates Firefox Tool Ubiquity
- Can Mozilla Prove Firefox Is the Most Secure Browser?
- RamISP Grabs RSS Feeds for Google Chrome Users
- Will Google Chrome Win the Browser War in 2009?
- Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2: Shaky Debut, Undocumented Issues
- Add-on speeds Windows Mobile browsing
- New browser can make big difference