If alpha builds is your thing then you will be happy to know that Google has recently pushed Chrome 26 to its dev channel.
Although we expected just some minor changes and few bug fixes here and there, Google Chrome 26 actually includes quite a few improvements, in fact, it’s probably one of the biggest changelogs we have seen from the search giant.
Do what are some of the key changes? The new tab page now includes a right aligned search token as well as a fix for unpinned bookmark bar, which would lose its position.
In addition to that, Windows 8 build sports a new mechanism to set the default handler for the URL protocol and speaking of Windows, Google has also improved its Media Gallery API by adding a support for mtp device media file system.
If these changes aren’t enough to give this build a try, check a just some of the changes below.
Google Chrome 26 Dev Changelog
- Media Gallery: Removed extension gallery watch count details
- Filemanager uses a smart link to the Files App help page
- FIx for Gracefully handling the situation of duplicate public accounts
- Added incoming intent page transition modifier for Android
- Made easier to move corners of box when cropping large image in Files.app’s photo editor.
- Fixed showing auto-enrollment-cancellation confirmation dialog
- Ensured that ChromeVox highlight moves out of a11y popup when it is closed
- Added ‘dark’ versions for the LTE/HSPA/GPRS icons so that we show them correctly on the network list
For a full changelog, see the following post.
Google Chrome 26 Dev
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.