Despite the fact that Firefox releases are getting slightly overwhelming, Mozilla continues to push forward and has now released the first Beta build of Firefox 6 web browser for both PC and Android.
According to the changelog below, Firefox 6 improves the usability of Web Console, startup times when using Panorama, Web Developer menu and more. As for Firefox Beta for Android, it also offers a variety of new features and improvements that can be found here.
- The address bar now highlights the domain of the website you’re visiting
- Streamlined the look of the site identity block
- Added support for the latest draft version of WebSockets with a prefixed API
- Added support for EventSource / server-sent events
- Added support for window.matchMedia
- Added a new Web Developer menu item and moved development-related items into it
- Improved usability of the Web Console
- Improved the discoverability of Firefox Sync
- Reduced browser startup time when using Panorama
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism carrier back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.