Category: Web Developing
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) has voted in favor of severely enlarging the number of acceptable domain name suffixes to a number considerably above the current number of 22. Government bodies, cities, companies, or even individuals will now be able to apply for any ending they desire, in any language they want.
The future looks good.
There is some good news floating around about the future of web browsers. As of today, web browsers rely on native code plugins to display PDF files, like Adobe’s PDF reader or Foxit reader. However, this is about to change.
Fortunately for all of us, the web is quickly embracing the new technologies, and thanks to that, guys at pdf.js team plan to create a Firefox extension aka a built in PDF reader which uses HTML5 to render the documents.
- May, 2011: Firefox, Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Opera – Down
- Internet Explorer 10 Screenshots And Video
- Google To Discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 Support
- French Exam? Use Google Chrome (Pic)
- China Web Boycott
- Download Opera 11.50 Beta
If dropping the 10 year old web browser support was not enough, IE6 that is, starting from August 1st, Google plans to discontinue Firefox 3.5, Internet Explorer 7 and Safari 3 web browsers support.
According to the official blog post, company will only support current and prior major releases of the web browsers.
We are pretty excited about the change as there is little to no reason not to upgrade your web browser.
No word about Opera yet.
- Internet Explorer Crash (Picture)
- Internet Explorer 9 On Windows Phone 7 Mango
- Cookie Hijacking Vulnerability In Internet Explorer
- View YouTube 3D Videos With Firefox And GeForce
- Download Firefox 5 Beta
- Firefox Gets about:permissions For More Privacy Control
- Google And Mozilla Start Debate Over Address Bar
- First Chrome OS Desktop PC To Ship In July
- Offline Support For Gmail In Chrome Stops Today
- Google Chrome 13 Can Hide The URL Bar
- Google Chrome: Lady Gaga
- Download Opera Mini 6 For iPhone And iPad
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Internet Explorer 6
- WordPress Kills Internet Explorer 6 Support
- Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari And Possibly Opera Affected By Memory Leak
- Google Chrome, Firefox: Block Specific Sites With LeechBlock And StayFocusd
- Firefox 3.5 To Be Killed Off Soon
- Download Opera 11.11
- Test Linux In Your Web Browser
- WebGL: iOS RAGE
- TermKit: A WebKit Based, Modern Command Line Interface
- Who Here Is Getting A Chromebook?
What took them so long?
The upcoming WordPress 3.2 release, which is now in Beta, will no longer support the Internet Explorer 6 web browser, organization said earlier this week.
Just like other major companies that decided to halt IE6 support, WordPress highlights the increasingly complex code trickery to make WP dashboard work with the 10 year old web browser.
Although it remains unclear what site webmasters would use such software; still, it’s a welcomed step forward.
Brings terminal into 21st century.
If you’ve been playing with the terminal for many years, like this guy, then 80s like command line interface is probably already wired into your brain.
Why does it have to be like that? Good question.
Steven Wittens had the same issue and came up with a solution: he took WebKit and built a rich command line interface called TermKit.
Want to know more? For all the details and thought process, check the original blog post.
Earlier this year, RAGE, the upcoming 3rd person shooter from the id Software (set for September release) has received an iOS version of the game.
- Firefox about:config Preferences Explained
- Firefox 4 Market Share Increases 30% After Upgrade Offer
- Chrome Hack Denied By Google Engineers
- Google’s Chrome Sandbox Hacked
- Google Chrome 12.0.742.30 Beta Brings Fancy Features
- Google Chrome: 160 Million Active Users And Growing
- Google’s Dear Sophie: You Are Doing It Wrong
- Chrome Web Store, Now Available Worldwide
- How to Unlock All Google Chrome Angry Birds Levels
- Remote Debugging with Safari Web Inspector / Chrome Developer Tools
- Opera To Fix Default Installation Behavior
- Opera Software Q1 2011 Financial Results
- Opera: Enable New Google Image Search Interface
- Web Browsers: iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S II vs. HTC Thunderbolt vs. Samsung Focus
- Wikitude: 3D Augmented Reality Browser
- WebGL: Play Angry Birds For Free
- WebGL Awesomeness: 3 Dreams Of Black
- LastPass May Have Been Hacked
- Download Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Final