Category: Web Developing
What took them so long?
The upcoming WordPress 3.2 release, which is now in Beta, will no longer support the Internet Explorer 6 web browser, organization said earlier this week.
Just like other major companies that decided to halt IE6 support, WordPress highlights the increasingly complex code trickery to make WP dashboard work with the 10 year old web browser.
Although it remains unclear what site webmasters would use such software; still, it’s a welcomed step forward.
Brings terminal into 21st century.
If you’ve been playing with the terminal for many years, like this guy, then 80s like command line interface is probably already wired into your brain.
Why does it have to be like that? Good question.
Steven Wittens had the same issue and came up with a solution: he took WebKit and built a rich command line interface called TermKit.
Want to know more? For all the details and thought process, check the original blog post.
Earlier this year, RAGE, the upcoming 3rd person shooter from the id Software (set for September release) has received an iOS version of the game.
- Firefox about:config Preferences Explained
- Firefox 4 Market Share Increases 30% After Upgrade Offer
- Chrome Hack Denied By Google Engineers
- Google’s Chrome Sandbox Hacked
- Google Chrome 12.0.742.30 Beta Brings Fancy Features
- Google Chrome: 160 Million Active Users And Growing
- Google’s Dear Sophie: You Are Doing It Wrong
- Chrome Web Store, Now Available Worldwide
- How to Unlock All Google Chrome Angry Birds Levels
- Remote Debugging with Safari Web Inspector / Chrome Developer Tools
- Opera To Fix Default Installation Behavior
- Opera Software Q1 2011 Financial Results
- Opera: Enable New Google Image Search Interface
- Web Browsers: iPhone 4 vs. Samsung Galaxy S II vs. HTC Thunderbolt vs. Samsung Focus
- Wikitude: 3D Augmented Reality Browser
- WebGL: Play Angry Birds For Free
- WebGL Awesomeness: 3 Dreams Of Black
- LastPass May Have Been Hacked
- Download Adobe Flash Player 10.3 Final
The final version of Adobe Flash Player 10.3 has been just released for both desktop computers and mobile devices.
Acoustic echo cancellation
Simplified local storage management
Auto-update notification for Mac OS
Local settings manager
For a detailed list of changes, see the following page.
If you are a fan of WebGL technology, then this gem is definitely worth checking out.
“3 Dreams of Black” by Rome is an interactive video made using WebGL which just shows you the possibilities amazing future of the web.
WebGL support is a must for your web browser, so in case you don’t use Google Chrome or Firefox, grab it now and open the following link.
With the worldwide launch of Google Chrome Store, it was also revealed that the popular Angry Birds game has been included there for free and can be played anytime, all the time.
The better news is that Google Chrome is not a necessity. As long as your web browser supports hardware accelerated WebGL or Canvas, you shouldn’t experience any issues.
So, what are you waiting for? Jut click the following link and enjoy free gaming.
Did you know that you can debug remotely with WebKit Web Inspector?
Here is how:
- Start your web browser with the remote-debugging-port command line switch and open preferred pages.
- Internet Explorer 9 Overtakes Opera
- April, 2011: Chrome, Safari Share Up; Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera – Down
- Mozilla Defies the Department of Homeland Security
- Creator Of jQuery Leaves Mozilla
- How To Save And Quit In Firefox 4
- How to Activate Autocomplete in Firefox 4
- Google Chrome 14, 15 And 16 Planned This Year
- Google Chrome: Dear Sophie
- Google Chrome: It Gets Better
- Opera Dragonfly 1.0 Released
- Download Opera 11.50 Alpha
- RockMelt Now With Quiet Mode, Localized Search & Chromium 11
- Give Away: How to Create Web Browser Theme
Good news, the very first stable build of Opera Dragonfly has been just released and can be tested on your Opera web browser (desktop, mobile or even TV).
Just hit CTRL+Shift+I if you running Windows or Linux machine and ⌘ + ⌥ + if you are on Mac.
Opera Dragonfly offers a variety of features, including: