- Microsoft Internet Explorer SSL security hole lingers
- Electrolysis Firefox builds are now available
- Firefox Windows Theme Project (Progress Report) #4
- WebGL in Firefox Nightly Builds
- Mozilla speeds Firefox development
- Can Chrome Shake Up the Browser Market?
- Browser Wars Mobile Edition: Opera Mini 5 Beta on the Blackberry Storm
- Camino 2.0 Beta 4 Released
- Maxthon Releases Version 2.5.8 of Browser
Thanks to Nox and Shane Bundy for links.
If you’ve been heavily using Firefox web browser and noticed decreasing performance, then maybe it’s time for you to try new tool called “SpeedyFox” (Windows only).
What can it do?
Boost Firefox startup in up to 3 times
Speed-up browsing history
Quicker operation with cookies
So how does it work? Continue Reading
- Install Internet Explorer on Linux with IEs4Linux
- Firefox adds Flash plug-in update protection
- Google Chrome Gets FTP, Extensions Tweaks
- 6 Unique Features That Make Opera 10 Stand Out
- Security Flaw Found in Safari for Windows
- WebKit adding support for GPU-accelerated 3D via WebGL
- 14 portable web browsers for Windows
- Maxthon 2.5.7 Released
- Mozilla’s Fennec Alpha 3 For Windows Mobile Is Out
Now here is something completely different. Guys at AnandTech has decided to find out, how web browser affects battery life.
They have tested the following web browsers:
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox + AdBlock
Opera 10 Beta 3
Safari 4 Continue Reading
Opera Software today announced that the final version of Opera 10 has already been downloaded 10 million times during first week of release.
- Ruby on Rails vulnerability affects Twitter; IE8 immune
- Microsoft extends IE 8 charity offer
- Microsoft’s ‘Ten Grand’ Competition Ends, Was Actually Pretty Clever
- Firefox upgrade will check for third party updates
- Google Chrome OS to Feature Single Sign-On for Chrome Browser
- Google Chrome Turns 1!
- Opera 10 downloads
- Opera 10 : The Missing Pieces
- SkyFire Raises $5 Million More For Rich Mobile Browser
Browser Wars: Ultimate Browser Benchmark: Chrome 2 vs. Chrome 3 vs. Chrome 4 vs. Opera 10 vs. Firefox 3.5 vs. Firefox 3.6 vs. Internet Explorer 8 vs. Safari 4
With the release of Opera 10 Final, it’s time to find out, who is the king of performance in web browser area.
The following browsers were tested (with no settings changed):
Internet Explorer 8
Firefox 3.6 (Alpha)
Chrome 184.108.40.206 (Beta)
Chrome 220.127.116.11 (Alpha)
Safari 4.0.3 Continue Reading
How market share data changed since last report? Let’s find out.
Surprisingly, Internet Explorer has increased its market share by 0.21, from 58.69% to 58.9%.
Firefox has lost small chunk of market share and fell from 31.28% to 31.17% (0.12 decrease).
Chrome user base keeps growing, this time it went up by 0.04, from 3.38% to 3.42%.
Just like Firefox, Opera has also lost some market share. It went down from 2.67% 2.42% (0.25 decrease).
Safari continues its growth and went up by another 0.13 points, from 3.25% to 3.38%.