- The 12 Best Firefox About:Config Performance Tweaks
- Foxmarks Becomes Xmarks, Adds Search and Suggestion Features
- 10 ways to make Chrome as good as Firefox
- Latest Chrome release gets full-screen browsing
- State of the Mobile Web, January 2009
- ASUS Deploys Opera Browser for its All-in-one Touch Screen Computer
- Opera Software 4Q08 results
- Fennec Tab-Sync UI Update
- Wyzo: A Browser with Built-in Support for Torrents
As the new month begins, Net Applications has yet again updated their stats on web browsers market share. Let’s see what had happened in the February, 2009
Internet Explorer has slowed down its market share decrease and fell only by 0.04%, from 67.55% to 67.51%
Firefox continues to climb up and increased its market share by 0.2%, from 21.53% to 21.73% Continue Reading
Nate Lanxon from CNet UK has benchmarked Safari 4 Beta, Firefox 3, Mozilla’s Minefield, Google Chrome, Opera 9.6 (note on Opera 10 results were added to article later), Internet Explorer 8 and 7 using SunSpider suite. Continue Reading
Mozilla evangelist Chris Blizzard demonstrated the latest innovations in standards-based Web development technology during a presentation at the Southern California Linux Expo.
Continue Reading at Ars Technica
- The Multi-Principal OS Construction of the Gazelle Web Browser
- The browser war is back – expect user casualties
- Hackers Targeting IE 7 After Security Patch Issued
- Security expert says Microsoft should cut IE’s links to Windows
- Windows Mobile gets Webkit browser
- Only 7 percent of active Firefox browsers running on Macs?
- Opera Mobile 9.5 … with Google Gears
- Sync Your Camino Profile Via Dropbox
A new Pwn2Own hack contest which should begin in the middle of the March 2009 is set to test Internet Explorer 8, Firefox, Safari and Opera web browsers running on Windows 7 Beta or RC.
Unlike previous year competition, where “white hackers” tried to hack computer operating systems (Mac OS was hacked first), this year it will focus on web browsers and mobile operating systems (Android, iPhone, Symbian, Windows Mobile, RIM).
More details should be announced within the upcoming weeks.
If you are that kind of person who just loves to squeeze the maximum of your browsing experience, then this topic is for you.
Have you ever thought about your time spent during certain tasks while using web browser? For example: right mouse click > save image, clicking on new tab icons, etc.
Well, wonder no more. We have a list of the most useful keyboard shortcuts which will drastically improve your browsing experience. Continue Reading
If you ever wondered about the performance differences between Windows and Linux Firefox versions while surfing the net, then wonder no more. Tux Radar has tested Firefox on Windows and Linux (original Firefox + Firefox Wine (Wine allows you to run Windows applications on Linux) to see how they compete.
Tested with Firefox 3.06 on Windows XP SP3 (x86) and Fedora 10 (x86). Continue Reading
- Outlook Live for IE, Firefox and Safari
- Foxmarks synchronizes IE, Safari, Firefox bookmarks
- Android exploit so dangerous, users warned to avoid phone’s web browser
- Why Google’s Software Update Tool Is Evil
- Firefox: 55 Add-Ons To Increase Your Security And Privacy
- 7 ways to optimize Firefox 3 for a better browsing experience on your netbook
- Firefox Mobile On HTC Touch Pro
- Mobile Browser Wars
Just a few days ago, Moonlight, the open source GNU/Linux and Unix framework that plays video and applications made on Silverlight has been released.
The way to install Moonlight is by a Firefox addon. It works on 32 and 64 bit operating systems. However, the following release is not compatible with Silverlight 2 yet.