Back in March, NSS Labs has revealed shocking statistics which suggested that Internet Explorer 8 had best effectiveness results against malware.
As of today, Neowin reports that NSS Labs has yet again tested all web browsers to find out which one has best built-in protection against phishing.
Tested web browsers:
Internet Explorer 8
Opera 10 Beta Continue Reading
Starting from August 11th, nightly builds of Camino web browser now includes integrated phishing and malware protection.
The following feature is based on Google Safe Browsing service which is being used by Firefox, Chrome and Safari web browsers as well.
As for their competitors, Opera is using Netcraft, PhishTank and Haute Secure services while Internet Explorer has its own SmartScreen Filter.
- 10 Internet Explorer Add-ons in 60 Seconds or Less
- I Want To Love Firefox 3.5, But It Keeps Crashing On Me
- Mozilla shuts Firefox e-store after security breach
- Google reveals plans for Chrome cloud synchronization
- Google Chrome: One Year Later
- Creative Zii Egg’s Plaszma OS gets Opera browser
- HTML5 Canvas Experiment
Thanks to Nox for links.
Mozilla has published a very first alpha of Firefox 3.6 (codenamed Namoroka) web browser.
As you might expect for every new release, Firefox 3.6 brings performance improvements in many areas. Not only it offers better sites loading time, but also improves overall responsiveness of web browser as well as quicker startup.
As for other features, Firefox 3.6 now includes tabs preview, improved autocomplete recommendations, new CSS3 properties, better session restore and many more. Continue Reading
New month and new market share data. Lets get it going.
Breaking through 60% barrier, Internet Explorer lost more market share, this time by 1.02 point, from 59.49% to 58.47%
Celebrating 1 billion downloads last week; Firefox increased its market share by 1.32, from 30.33% to 31.65%
Due to unknown reasons, Opera took a massive dive and fell by 0.66, from 3.36% to 2.7%
Just like Firefox, Chrome is also doing well. After increasing its market share by 0.41, from 2.82% to 3.23%, it has surpassed both, Opera and Safari web browsers market share.
Safari popularity is growing. This time its market share went up from 2.93% to 2.98% (0.09 point increase).
- Mozilla Community Rubik’s Cube
- Tab thumbnails on the sides and Opera Unite improvements
- Safari plug-ins that improve your browsing
- Chrome Updates, Adds Themes, Better Windows 7 Support
- Mozilla Labs’ Weave 0.5 aligns Firefox planets
- Hackers expose weakness in visiting trusted sites
- Critical Update for Adobe Flash Player
- Net Applications tweaks its market share algorithm
- The HTML 5 Experiments (Video)
Thanks to Daniel Hendrycks, Nox and somebody for links.
It’s official; combining all the Firefox downloads (not just 3.5), flaming fox was downloaded more than 1 billion times.
What’s the population of the world you ask? It’s 6,706,993,152 (July 2008 est.).
Warm congratulations to Mozilla and all Firefox users.
From Mozilla HQ Continue Reading
Surfing Amazon today I came across something interesting. Believe it or not, there are actually books such as: “Opera for Dummies”, “Don’t Click on the Blue E!: Switching to Firefox” and couple more.
Not sure if they are any good and why people would actually buy them (when you can find all the info on-line), but anyway: Continue Reading