In today’s MIX10 conference, Microsoft has shared some details about the upcoming Silverlight 4 release. As final version is scheduled for the next month release, company is already cooking first RC build.
- Hardware-accelerated video with multicodec digital rights management (DRM) and Internet Information Services Smooth Streaming support
- Vector and bitmap graphics with perspective 3-D
- Multitouch support with Accelerometer, an intuitive control that responds to motion
- Deep Zoom support for rich reading experiences
- Camera and microphone support
- Notification Service for pushing information to the phone, regardless of whether or not an application is running
- Integration with the core Windows Phone 7 Series experience features such as hubs
In addition, Silverlight 4 will support Google Chrome web browser.
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism carrier back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.