Is there anything wrong this week? Waiting for some new releases and just interesting news, but nothing happens. Anyways…
Sean P. Aune wrote a nice article and listed over 50 add-ons for Firefox, which should help you to increase your security and privacy level.
ActionMonkey is the code-name for the project to integrate Tamarin and SpiderMonkey as part of Mozilla 2.
Stage 0 of this project is underway. What they are going to do now is to replace SpiderMonkey’s GC (jsgc) with Tamarin’s GC (MMgc).
Their new efforts will boost performance for sure and I am waiting for more news from ActionMonkey blog.
More about MPack:
The project is not so profitable compared to other activities on the Internet. It’s just a business. While it makes income, we will work on it, and while we are interested in it, it will live.
“DCT”, one of three developers of the MPack infection kit
A year later, the MPack kit has become an increasingly popular tool, allowing data thieves and bot masters to take control of victims’ systems and steal personal information. The MPack infection kit has been blamed for hundreds of thousands of compromised computers.
And here’s what is bit more:
Anything else you’d like to add?
I would advise you to use the Opera browser with scripts and plug-ins disabled in order not to be caught by the MPack someday.
It’s been a month since the beginning of FavBrowser.com, not a big party but we are just starting it.
So far FavBrowser.com received almoust 10 000 visitors, more than 80 000 hits and an average of 2 new posts per day.
Post after post today, hope you like to read a lot.
Daniel Goldman tagged me in his “Blog tag: 5 things I’d like to see in Opera” post, so I couldn’t miss that. Here you go, my 5 things I’d like to see in Opera list:
1. Integrated inline spell check. This is probably one of the best features to have.
2. Web developer’s toolbar. I’ve actually noticed that more web developers are tend to use Firefox more than Opera. Since it is impossible to install Google, Alexa toolbar, I wish Opera team would make a toolbar where I would be able to see: Google PageRank, Alexa Rank and other great things (no widgets, please).
3. Smart auto update, something like Firefox got. You are surfing the web and then boom, a pleasant message: your update is ready to be installed.
4. More powerful RSS feeds reader. I would like to have a “Trash Can” or at least an “Undo” feature; sometimes I delete important news and can’t use CTRL+Z to get them back. Also: a button to check all the subscribed feeds at once (any time).
5. Actually I have 2 more wishes: Would like be able to delete multiple passwords in “saved passwords list” also an ability to add more “auto-complete” forms.
I was thinking to suggest a small arrow where the “Back” button is so I can see my previous visited pages and chose the one where I would like to come back. However, I can do that already by clicking on a button and holding for a few seconds. Didn’t knew about that.
Here you go.
Once you’ve been tagged by someone, share your list (on your blog) of 5 things you’d like to see in Opera, and then tag up to 5 other people who will then post their own lists and tag up to 5 more people.