With the release of Opera 12, users can now enjoy search suggestions. However, if you are one of those people (myself included) who are not particularly happy about this change, here is a simple solution to disable already mentioned functionality:
– Type opera:config#UserPrefs|ShowSearchesInAddressfieldAutocompletion in the address bar.
– Uncheck the “Show Searches In Addressfield Autocompletion” checkbox.
– Reward yourself with a cookie, job well done.
Update: you can also disable search suggestions by going to:
– Menu (Alt) > Settings > Preferences (Alt+P) > “Search” tab
– Uncheck “Search suggestions enabled” box.
[Thanks, Shane Bundy]
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.