Yet again, we have a new Firefox 3 version: Firefox 3 Alpha 7.
What’s new in it? There are some great stuff like zoom and that’s not all. Here’s a complete list of changes and fixes:
- Support for Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) has been removed. Gecko 1.9 will no longer build or run on Mac OS X 10.3
- Default visited pages history size 9 to 180 days
- Full page zoom of images, layout and text
- Many fixes for context menus, clipboard, and drag services on Mac OS X
- Reworking of XUL menus and popups
- document.all now returns a NodeList of elements
- Several new clipboard events
- A class of wrappers to mediate access between web pages from different origins
- Cross site XMLHttpRequest specification implemented
- A method for opening modal dialogs from content
- Color profile support
- Text in canvas
Here’s what I got after trying to run Firefox 3 Alpha 7:
Oh well… I will wait for Firefox 3 Milestone 8 then, it will be released in the middle of September.
About (Author Profile)
Vygantas is a former web designer whose projects are used by companies such as AMD, NVIDIA and departed Westood Studios. Being passionate about software, Vygantas began his journalism career back in 2007 when he founded FavBrowser.com. Having said that, he is also an adrenaline junkie who enjoys good books, fitness activities and Forex trading.